Hunch - AD May Improve FT Shooting This Season | The Boneyard

Hunch - AD May Improve FT Shooting This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Watching the focused look on AD's face today when he was at the foul line, I think I will be wrong about his foul shooting probably not improving much until he can work on it over the summer. While I believe he went just 2-4, I noticed on 3 of his shots he actually had decent mechanics. He bent his knees the right amount, got a decent arch with some good back spin. But, most of all I saw a determination and will to get better. It also means he has been very coachable regarding his foul shooting - and that's a good sign.
Quite frankly, I am saying by Feb/March he might be a 55% to 62%FT shooter rather than A 40's to low 50's% shooter. If he can shoot in the low 60"s by March Madness - I will take that.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the Larry Bird school of free throw shooting.
Once you get past about 6/1 or 6/2, there shouldn't be too much need for using your legs to hit a free throw.
Larry would stand there, slight knee bend, then flick of the wrist and forearm.
Economy of movement.
Drummond is so big and strong, he could literally stand bolt upright, get still, then flick his wrist to shoot. Not ideal, but he's got the strength to shoot that way with touch.
As I've said, I think he's too crouched and I think he pushes the shot from his chin. More upright and higher release would do wonders, I'd think.
I'd like to point out again that I'm stunned that this hasn't come up before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom