Huggins | The Boneyard

Huggins

Reaction Score
Loved him in Pee-wee's Big Adventure.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 7.59.15 PM.png

Reaction Score
I thought West Virginia was pretty poorly coached tonight. That or they just really aren't very talented AT ALL, which maybe is the case. They gave up a ton of shots at the rim, a lot of miscommunications on PnR. Terrible offensive flow, they got no open looks basically all game. They scored all their points on contested shots, offensive rebounds, and free throws.

Only good thing he did was go zone for a couple late possessions, but we had looks and just didn't hit and/or take them.

Reaction Score
Huggins stole Hurley's bike tonight.
We were down two top players in their house and were hosed on multiple big calls, lost in the closing seconds.

Huggins is saying every prayer he knows tonight.

Watch more basketball

Unless your analogy is like the homeless guy who cuts the bike lock and runs off with it, then I’m with you

Reaction Score
I thought West Virginia was pretty poorly coached tonight. That or they just really aren't very talented AT ALL, which maybe is the case. They gave up a ton of shots at the rim, a lot of miscommunications on PnR. Terrible offensive flow, they got no open looks basically all game. They scored all their points on contested shots, offensive rebounds, and free throws.

Only good thing he did was go zone for a couple late possessions, but we had looks and just didn't hit and/or take them.

Yeah I agree with this. Like I said the other day, I generally dread playing Huggins's teams and this one was about the least threatening I can remember. They're not very good.

And for all the "true road game" stuff their gym wasn't even that loud tonight.

This was just snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree with this. Like I said the other day, I generally dread playing Huggins's teams and this one was about the least threatening I can remember. They're not very good.

And for all the "true road game" stuff their gym wasn't even that loud tonight.

This was just snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Felt like a Cincy game which was always a Diet WVU game

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He had two players who saved him. That’s it. He didn’t coach well

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’m far from home and didn’t see the game. but this thread reminds me of a conversation I had a few years back with a former pretty good player for Calhoun. I asked him if in Calhoun’s mind the other team ever made a good play. He smiled and said “never”

looking at the stats, we shot lousy from deep, Hawkins didn’t shoot like the second coming of Ray Allen and Polley was Polley. RJ turned the ball over a lot. The bad shooting seems more the reason than anything else that accounted for 2 close losses. We lost to not the worst team in history even though they have bad coaching with 40% of our starters missing. That probably doesn’t help. Should I bother to watch the recording? The threads make it seem like it was unwatchable.

Reaction Score
He definitely didn't coach that well. He's done much better before. He made a couples good moves: switch to the zone, trap Cole. Hurley had no idea how to handle that, and neither did our players.

Reaction Score
We were down two top players in their house and were hosed on multiple big calls, lost in the closing seconds.

Huggins is saying every prayer he knows tonight.

Watch more basketball

Unless your analogy is like the homeless guy who cuts the bike lock and runs off with it, then I’m with you

....it's a joke referencing pee-wee's big adventure. Doesn't sound like you've seen it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom