HUGE news on the men's side - land #1 recruit... | The Boneyard

HUGE news on the men's side - land #1 recruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Normally i don't post stuff from over there to here, but it was announced today that the #1 player in the nation, Andre Drummond from Connecticut, will attend UCONN this year effectively becoming part of the 2011 class.

while it's pretty commonplace for Geno to land a #1 recruit (Tamika, Diana, Ann, Tina, Maya, EDD, KML, Breanna), i think it may be the first time the men have ever landed the #1 recruit in the nation. They've certainly landed their fair share of top 10 recruits, but it's a pretty huge coup for JC and UCONN, and we all should enjoy in the celebration!

Reaction Score
Normally i don't post stuff from over there to here, but it was announced today that the #1 player in the nation, Andre Drummond from Connecticut, will attend UCONN this year effectively becoming part of the 2011 class.

while it's pretty commonplace for Geno to land a #1 recruit (Tamika, Diana, Ann, Tina, Maya, EDD, KML, Breanna), i think it may be the first time the men have ever landed the #1 recruit in the nation. They've certainly landed their fair share of top 10 recruits, but it's a pretty huge coup for JC and UCONN, and we all should enjoy in the celebration!

I don't really follow men's bb, but i thought they did not have any scholarships available??????? I hope this does not lead to an unsavoury situation!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't really follow men's bb, but i thought they did not have any scholarships available??????? I hope this does not lead to an unsavoury situation!
word is he's going to attend UCONN as a walk on... how about that??!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is expected that this is a 1 year deal, isn't it?

Reaction Score

Great news, thanks for posting!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

It will be interesting to see if the NBA lockout winds up with the players and the league extending the 'one year out of high school' rule to two years. I would assume AD is 99% a one and done..unless that happens.

This is a simply stunning development. His transition will be made easier since he has been up on campus often for unofficial visits in the past couple of years....he knows the staff and players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the NBA lockout winds up with the players and the league extending the 'one year out of high school' rule to two years. I would assume AD is 99% a one and done..unless that happens.

This is a simply stunning development. His transition will be made easier since he has been up on campus often for unofficial visits in the past couple of years....he knows the staff and players.
Walk on? Wow!

What I saw said he was the #2 recruit, but the point is the same. I would expect 1 season, maybe 2. It will be interesting. He's big and talented.

Reaction Score
Great news. Yes I did hear he was the number one recruit. The Courant said that when he commited to the prep school he was ranked number one by NBADraft.net, scout,rivals and ESPNU. Beat out Calipari and Pitino for this one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well depending on what happens with the NBA lockout - it there is no season next year he may very well be back for his 2nd year. but i expect him to be a 1 and done. first in UCONN history if that happens... Bynum woulda been a one and done too, but he opted for the NBA before stepping foot on campus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom