Huge Game - ESPN and a hostile venue - I hope the team has a good showing | The Boneyard

Huge Game - ESPN and a hostile venue - I hope the team has a good showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nippert stadium has not been kind to UConn over the years. I hope the coaches and players show up, play well, and walk away heads high with a W. Being bowl eligible this year would say it all!

At times I have more or less silently questioned some moves with Taylor Mack on the bench, JJL getting next to nil PT, some play calling, and JM being irratic. A solid performance today on a national stage will make this season memorable.

Reaction Score
Let's hope that we actually turned the corner last week in terms of the players finally being comfortable in the systems, and the coaches finally being able to fit their systems to the roster. If we continue off of last weeks solid game, I think the days of our poor showings at Nippert will be over. This will definitely showcase Coach P and staff's ability to prep for the big important away game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Read in the Courant this morning that this is Cincy's first game at Nippert in 71 days. Wow.

I do think it's a good idea for them to play the "big" games at the Bengals stadium, but this is a bit extreme.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's hope that we actually turned the corner last week in terms of the players finally being comfortable in the systems, and the coaches finally being able to fit their systems to the roster. If we continue off of last weeks solid game, I think the days of our poor showings at Nippert will be over. This will definitely showcase Coach P and staff's ability to prep for the big important away game.

A good point and brings up a huge difference between what we have now and what we were accustomed to before. We are anxious and excited to see what the staff has gameplanned. Previously, good or bad, everyone (fans and opposing coaches) knew what we were gonna do. If the players "executed" properly success was a possibility.

Now, we fans know there's gonna be something new and possibly exciting. Who here last week predicted a reverse to Abrams for a possible RB to QB pass. Did the play work? No, but it gives Cincy one more thing to prep for this week. Prior to last week, when was the last time we saw Abrams involved in the offense? Or, Davis marking a huge play towards the end of the first half to keep the drive alive. More players are stepping up as playmakers in the system and it's exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom