How you guys staying sane during this pandemic and bball interuptions? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How you guys staying sane during this pandemic and bball interuptions?

Reaction Score
I’ve found that many people at work have become complacent and lazy. So I’ve been working my tail off using this as an opportunity to make a name for myself professionally and have moved up 2 levels and doubled my pay since the start of all this.
Funny, but I feel the same way. Most of them find excuses to take days off while they get tested because their cousin's neighbor tested positive, so maybe they were exposed! I'm not knocking the precaution, but the firm can't refuse them if they say they don't feel safe. And if they have PTO hrs, they still get paid.
Right now most staff is working from home, but I still go in every day for the peace & quiet and to get out of the house. The bosses have noticed, I'm getting more responsibilities every day. Win/win!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tommy Bahama backpack chairs?

A few summers ago I started to develop chair envy after I noticed several people at the beach with them. I must have mentioned it because I got one for Father’s Day the next year. I think we’ve bought almost ten more since, half of which were gifts for others.
So now I'm curious. What's so special about them? I've seen them and wondered what the big deal is with them.

Reaction Score
I too am trying to do as much as I can to find some normalcy.

I used to go to a Health Club or gym that shared with a PT facility that had a therapy pool. 94 degrees and a delight that club members could use when the PT facility was not using it for aqua therapy. I would tread water and chat with whoever else was in that pool. What a bummer, but the gym closed December 31, and my source of relaxation and socializing was uprooted.

Nothing really out of the ordinary, but I make sure I exercise every day. Have step hurdles, 6 inch and 12 inch and I walk over them and then sidestep over them. In my backyard, I had a carpenter set up with pressure treated wood, boards nailed together with pegs, 12 feet across and 18 inches high. I kick a max ball into it from a distance and when it comes back, I kick it back again and alternate the feet. Also, I kick the ball a few feet and chase after it in my backyard. I walk at a walking track in a nearby park too.

I have an arc trainer and exercise bike at home and watch cycling videos on the Roku TV as I do the exercises.

Like to watch old time British comedy on Youtube, like Hale and Pace, Tony Hancock. It's a different culture, but the dry wit is relaxing. I always exercise to music, like International folk rock, Indie, electro swing, French pop and rock, Spanish rock and pop. I like Hungarian folk pop. All this stuff I just poked in the search terms on Spotify and if I liked what I heard, I added it to my self-designed playlists.

Of course, I follow the BY and the subtle and not so subtle digs. Comic relief and education on things I never really considered before, and I am amazed how many Yarders live out of state . I always lived in CT except for a brief stint in Massachusetts. I always wonder how some many who haven't retired to warmer claims, wind up outside Connecticut. Must be job opportunity or marriage. High cost of living, maybe?

The bigger question is what else would I be doing now, if I wasn't composing this whatever it is? I must like doing it because I can't figure out what else to do.

Hope we get some uninterrupted BB games. In such a wild season, maybe if East Carolina can beat Houston, UConn can beat Gonzaga. Remember 2011 with all those tough draws?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So now I'm curious. What's so special about them? I've seen them and wondered what the big deal is with them.
Sturdy as hell and comfortable in all positions. Full back support all the way to the top of your head—I’m 6’2” and I hate when I can’t get my whole head on a chair. Insulated cooler pocket is very useful at the beach and other places where you either don’t want to carry a cooler or you need more cooler space. Good sized cup holder and cell phone holder. Very easy to carry and adjust. A touch higher than most other beach chairs, but not so high that laying flat is a problem.

Reaction Score
Sturdy as hell and comfortable in all positions. Full back support all the way to the top of your head—I’m 6’2” and I hate when I can’t get my whole head on a chair. Insulated cooler pocket is very useful at the beach and other places where you either don’t want to carry a cooler or you need more cooler space. Good sized cup holder and cell phone holder. Very easy to carry and adjust. A touch higher than most other beach chairs, but not so high that laying flat is a problem.
Good stuff. I am not nearly 6'2" but think I may just deserve to lounge in the lap of luxury here.

Reaction Score
On a serious note did anyone read the article about Drew Robinson, the baseball player, on espn.com the other day. It was pretty interesting. The guy decides he wants out, shoots himself in the head, and although he lost an eye he gained a powerful purpose in life. He actually just put a few band-aids over the wound for a few hours before calling for help.

Reaction Score
Bought ours at Costco a few years ago. Very comfortable. Can also use for outdoor concert venues where seating is not provided.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Who's remaining sane?

Reaction Score
A little over 100 years ago, people were being endlessly killed by electrical wiring, shocks and fires, later to end up with the Spanish (Kansas) flu and then 2 World Wars and the Great Depression. We've had it so comfortable here these past years that it is ridiculous. I don't think many of our ancestors could have imagined what exists today and will come to be. Life on this side is designed to be very, very short, as well. 75 years equals approximately 2.3 billion seconds.

If you have doubts on any topic, remember this, if something doesn't exist or we have absolutely zero knowledge about, it's not part of our vocabulary or concepts. An example, the concept of dragons may very well have origins in ancient unwritten findings of dinosaur bones; not far off from the truth about dinosaur bones.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bought ours at Costco a few years ago. Very comfortable. Can also use for outdoor concert venues where seating is not provided.
I went to San Francisco for the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in 2019 and it was their first major event since the mass shooting at the Garlic Festival out there so they restricted you to one chair of a certain height and one clear plastic stadium tote bag like 18" x 18", with no solid coolers of any type. I told my buddy who lives out there that the Tommy Bahama chairs would appear perfect for the event, so I ordered two more of them and had them shipped to his place. He was astounded when we saw literally more than half the crowd with the same chairs. I left the chairs with him, with the understanding that one of them is mine anytime I return (which I hope is this October...).

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
In all seriousness this pandemic has been brutal. Ill likely for the first time in my life (45) will likely be getting help for my mental health asap.
You're not alone. For the first few weeks of lockdown last year, both my wife and I were working remotely and really struggled with kids remote learning, running around the house while we were in calls, etc. Watching the news and reading social media, I was either angry that every one else was angry or angry that other people were seemingly dealing with things better than we were. I ended up talking to someone every other week for an hour and it really helped.

Reaction Score
Luckily, I live in Texas and living a pretty normal life.
Took 3 vacations last year, 2 in N Georgia and 1 week at Fripp Island
Spent Thanksgiving with 12 family members.
Have to wear those annoying masks, or at least around the neck.
Just recently returned to the gym.
Wive got her 1st shot yesterday and then we went out to breakfast. Probably dine out 2x a week

Reaction Score
On a serious note did anyone read the article about Drew Robinson, the baseball player, on espn.com the other day. It was pretty interesting. The guy decides he wants out, shoots himself in the head, and although he lost an eye he gained a powerful purpose in life. He actually just put a few band-aids over the wound for a few hours before calling for help.
After seeing this post, I went and read this guy's amazing story. Wow. It's like he looked into hell, lost something precious, and is now working his way back. Ironic that he had to lose an eye to finally be able to see.
On a side note, last year right after covid hit with the lockdowns and so on I spent time in the hospital recovering from a collapsed lung, long story. My family couldn't visit and all we could do was speak on the phone. Every once in a while you'd hear a code red and the nurses and doctors would be rushing to another room.
I asked them and they told me about patients who were dying alone, and families not being able to say goodbye in person. So many patient's survival chances went down because the human contact, hearing and seeing loved ones voices, touch, etc., all are a huge help in the healing process. They all said we'd be dealing with the mental fallout from covid for generations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom