How would you approach the final 2 regular season games? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How would you approach the final 2 regular season games?

Reaction Score
I agree that Hurley will put his foot on the gas...but he may deepen the rotation a little bit more to give solo and stewart a few more minutes to get them ready for the rest of March.

Poe

Reaction Score
Maybe give the bench a little more time if we’re up big with 5-6 minutes to go; otherwise, change nothing

Reaction Score
Now that the regular season pressure is off let's win our first road game against a top 25 team.
Let's give this a rest...................if you are inferring that UCONN can not win a pressure game just remember that UCONN won the last six games (win or go home, pressure?) of the 23 season to win the National Championship.

Reaction Score
I'd try to win the games

But in all seriousness, a 1 seed is like 99.99999% locked up at this point. Even 0-3 to close the season puts us at 26-6, teams 4-11 all already have 6 losses and will almost all end up with more the next 2 weeks. Also, we're not going 0-3 so it won't matter
Another low-key important factor is that we've beaten, head-to-head, one of the only remaining teams that might be considered for #1 in the East (UNC).

Reaction Score
Calm!! calm!! take your foot off the gas!!! See next year's roster. 5 players will leave for sure, maybe 10!! Give other players more time

Reaction Score
I think the best thing for this year and future years would be to give meaningful minutes to Ball, Ross, Singare, and Stewart these next two games. Nothing crazy, but not just mop up time either. 5-7 minutes per player.

Reaction Score
I'd try to win the games

But in all seriousness, a 1 seed is like 99.99999% locked up at this point. Even 0-3 to close the season puts us at 26-6, teams 4-11 all already have 6 losses and will almost all end up with more the next 2 weeks. Also, we're not going 0-3 so it won't matter
Jerry Palm agrees with you. Says he doesn't see any scenario where UConn isn't a 1 seed.

Reaction Score
It's a good question and I don't know the answer. Dan needs to play the starters enough to keep them sharp. He also needs to keep them rested. I'm sure he has a plan.

Steward and Ball need some live minutes. I am very disappointed that both Steward and Ball come into the game hunting three point shots. They will throw up a three 10 seconds into shot clock as soon as they get the chance rather than run the offense. Both did it Sunday and both missed the shot.

Reaction Score
I'd try to win the games

Gary Parrish also agrees with you.

But the more-important thing to understand is that there's A LOT of difference between the resumes belonging to Purdue, UConn and Houston and the resumes belonging to everybody else. Simply put, at this point, it's hard to imagine a 68-team bracket that doesn't have Purdue, UConn and Houston as No. 1 seeds on Selection Sunday. They're all 10-3 in Quadrant 1 with zero losses outside of Q1. They're all great. Any of them could still end up as the No. 1 overall seed -- but all of them will be No. 1 seeds in the 2024 NCAA Tournament barring a late collapse that seems wildly unlikely.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Screenshot 2024-03-04 13065.jpg

The only approach we should consider.

Reaction Score
Not easy to put your foot back on the gas once you take it off. We’ve even seen that in-game when we’ve slowed down with a big lead (thankfully earlier this season and not lately). Full steam ahead.

Reaction Score
Just don’t want either to transfer, I hope they see the PT ahead for them.

Reaction Score
This is not the NFL...in the last 4 weeks they have had 2 one week breaks. Play em...
It's not but why not apply the same logic. I'd play the normal rotation against Marquette. If we win that game the conversation for the #1 seed in the east is over. The Providence game is meaningless and played on a court with ice underneath against a very physical team. I rest the starters there, let the bench get some good minutes and be all systems go the tourneys.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Glad to hear that. We are better than the other teams so we likely do fine and health has a luck factor to it. Seeing what happened to Marquette with Kolek going down is frightening.
Stay on an even keel. There's only so much you can have an impact on, and it's an intense enough upcoming time without adding to the stress by Fall ng prey to unbridled emotions that can stray toward what you don't want. Enjoy the ride no matter what.

"As you go through life, let this always be your goal: keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom