How will this team attack zone defenses? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How will this team attack zone defenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why do you think/say Scoe is focusing on playing the 3? Is it based on summer reports? I hope he has been because long term I think he is better suited to play the wing. He needs to really improve his handle, and his jumper is too inconsistent.

We don't need ball handlers to beat the press, we need guys who can pass the ball. Ball movement beats any press, and if the ball doesn't touch the floor on it's way down the court, you can be certain the press was a non-factor. If Bazz/Boat put their head down and try to dribble through it we could struggle. It takes a lot more effort to dribble through the press, than passing to the open man.
Just a guess. He was more than adequate playing the 4, but it wasn't his natural position. He was moved there because he was the second best big after Alex. And I think it impacted his development. He was much better earlier in the season. He was the freshman, not Jeremy or Shabazz, that we were most excited about over the first third of the season. But the BE play required a change. Another athletic big was needed.

I agree with you, he needs to improve his handle and be more consistent on his jumper. I believe he can improve his jumper, but getting rid of that habit of taking a first step without dribbling or trying to side step a player going to the hoop instead of pulling up, will be harder to change. He needs a lot of reps to correct these things and that will be more likely if he isn't asked to divide his time at two positions imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom