How Will They handle 3 in 5 Days | The Boneyard

How Will They handle 3 in 5 Days

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We'll see soon enough. Doyle tackles it with a short Geno video as a bonus. UConn Women Host California In Home Opener

“Not ideal,” Geno Auriemma said. “Not exactly what we wanted. We wanted it to be a little more spread out, obviously. … But it’s early in the season and we have to figure out a way to manage it. It’s a good test for our guys. It really is … three ranked teams, three pretty good teams.”

The Huskies took two days off after Sunday’s win over Stanford, resuming practice Wednesday. “We’ve had two pretty good days,” Auriemma. “We played pretty good with a couple bad days of practice against Stanford. Now we have a couple of good days of practice. We’ll see what that does for us.”

“Physically, I think we’re expecting to be tired,” Williams said. “We know it’s going to be hard, so it’s going to be a good challenge for us mentally. We’re going to have to compensate mentally. We don’t have a choice. So it’s a bit of both.”

Samuelson’s advice to her teammates as they travel Sunday night: “Try to sleep on the plane.”

HGN

Reaction Score
I think the Huskies will obviously have to rely more on their bench. Maybe even go deeper than their normal rotation
of 7 or 8 players. Fatigue is going to be a big factor when you consider classes , practice , games , and TRAVEL. Across
country no less.

The smart use of the bench is the solution.

Reaction Score
I think the Huskies will obviously have to rely more on their bench. Maybe even go deeper than their normal rotation
of 7 or 8 players. Fatigue is going to be a big factor when you consider classes , practice , games , and TRAVEL. Across
country no less.

The smart use of the bench is the solution.
Against Cal it might make sense to go deeper. With Md and especially UCLA, which will be more competitive, I think 7 is better until game is put away. They can go 7 and still keep everyone under 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
Physically, they don't need to go deeper than 7, as they practice harder than they play. It's entirely a mental thing.. The challenge is the long flight, the disorientation of a new time zone, and then playing in a hostile arena.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a long road trip. In the neighborhood of 7000 miles. And away for 10 days. Good thing they did the Italy trip this summer. It will be somewhat similar.

Reaction Score
We'll see soon enough. Doyle tackles it with a short Geno video as a bonus. UConn Women Host California In Home Opener

“Not ideal,” Geno Auriemma said. “Not exactly what we wanted. We wanted it to be a little more spread out, obviously. … But it’s early in the season and we have to figure out a way to manage it. It’s a good test for our guys. It really is … three ranked teams, three pretty good teams.”

The Huskies took two days off after Sunday’s win over Stanford, resuming practice Wednesday. “We’ve had two pretty good days,” Auriemma. “We played pretty good with a couple bad days of practice against Stanford. Now we have a couple of good days of practice. We’ll see what that does for us.”

“Physically, I think we’re expecting to be tired,” Williams said. “We know it’s going to be hard, so it’s going to be a good challenge for us mentally. We’re going to have to compensate mentally. We don’t have a choice. So it’s a bit of both.”

Samuelson’s advice to her teammates as they travel Sunday night: “Try to sleep on the plane.”
The UCLA game gives me shivers up my spine, Cal and Md could be tough; this 3 in 5 isn't a good thing. Thankfully Geno has a bit better, could prove much better, bench KLS will sleep on the plane; she know as I do, sleeping on a plane isn't really restful. The saving grace for the team is they are young, in superb condition, and mentally alert. I don't like the 3 in 5 but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Too bad you couldn't flip flop Mich St and Nevada so they fly to the west coast to play UCLA then work back east instead of UCLA -> Mich St -> Nevada.

Reaction Score
The UCLA game gives me shivers up my spine, Cal and Md could be tough; this 3 in 5 isn't a good thing. Thankfully Geno has a bit better, could prove much better, bench KLS will sleep on the plane; she know as I do, sleeping on a plane isn't really restful. The saving grace for the team is they are young, in superb condition, and mentally alert. I don't like the 3 in 5 but it is what it is.
speaking selfishly, a loss on this road trip would postpone Geno's 1000th win, currently scheduled for the OK game at Mohegan Sun--I've got tickets for my family. And, if that's the case, Geno's 1000th would likely be in Canada....

Reaction Score
speaking selfishly, a loss on this road trip would postpone Geno's 1000th win, currently scheduled for the OK game at Mohegan Sun--I've got tickets for my family. And, if that's the case, Geno's 1000th would likely be in Canada....

For me the best part of the Oklahoma game is : Sherri Coale! I have written to her a few times and she has been gracious and friendly. And Norman, Okla is one of my favorite towns as is most of Okla. Nice friendly neighbors.
The 1000th is a nice mile stone for Geno.

Reaction Score
Oh I just realized the Mich State game is in Oregon. So I guess it could have been worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom