How will recruiting be affected by....... | The Boneyard

How will recruiting be affected by.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) Two 5-7 seasons?

2) Probable coaching changes if year three is a disaster?

3) Conference affiliation uncertainty?

4) Would OL recruits be drawn to an extremely difficult to learn zone blocking scheme?

5) Recruiting against RU, SU and to some degree MD after their moves?

PP is going to have a tough time next year recruiting especially if we are getting our ass kicked during the season.

I'd be shocked if we didn't lose a commit or two this year.

Reaction Score
The absolute biggest issues are #3 and # 5. We are a MAC/Conference USA/MWC level conference going forward. And recruits know this. Add in that teams we constantly recruit against are in better conferences, and I see a huge issue.

Reaction Score
The absolute biggest issues are #3 and # 5. We are a MAC/Conference USA/MWC level conference going forward. And recruits know this. Add in that teams we constantly recruit against are in better conferences, and I see a huge issue.
We always seemed to lose out to them anyway... at least according to the people that rated those things.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it will take a dive that we will never recover from. we are doooooomed

Reaction Score
As mentioned in other threads I sat behind the group of recruits and watched them walk out at the end of the game in that s***ty atmosphere. If I was the parent of a kid who had other offers from schools we are nominally recruiting against - BC, Rutgers, Syracuse - I would have to think long and hard about sending my kid here. On the other hand, still better than a MAC or Sun Belt offer, but not much, and the difference dwindles every day PP occupies the coach's office.

Reaction Score
Paul shouldn't even wait to be fired. If he cares at all about the players he should leave immediately before he harms their program further.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, if I was a prized high school WR, QB or RB - and had aspirations of playing at the next level - I'd jump at the chance to play at UConn. Are you kidding me? How difficult can it be to get on the field immediately. The Huskies have shown themselves to be somewhere between inadequate and mediocre at best, so if I as good as people tell me I am (and as good as I think I am), I head to Storrs. Three years of starting, three years to make my mark and its off to the NFL. No bench sitting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom