How UConn ranks on social media | The Boneyard

How UConn ranks on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting research done by Auburn Athletics on how different athletic departments fare on social media. Just checked and UConn Football has a paltry 3,000 Likes on Facebook. UConn Womens Bball is over 100,000! UConn Atheltics Twitter and Instagram feeds do comparatively well.

http://www.auburntigers.com/digital/social_media_top_25.html
Br-MsMjIYAIZIyB.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Good post. UCONN is playing catch-up in so many phases that this is just another example. This was one of HFD's rants that I agreed with and, thus, motivated me to join Twitter. I'm on there posting as much pro-UCONN stuff as my time will allow. Social media doesn't have a direct impact but it does reach a wider audience. The more fans out there that read and talk about UCONN (or take the time to learn about UCONN), is only a good thing. If enough fans talk about UCONN, then it will eventually filter up to the people who can actually make CR decisions. At least, that's my hope.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can buy Twitter followers for next to nothing. Ranking things by Twitter followers is pointless.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
In my opinion, engagement is all that matters. If you have a billion likes and 0.0 engagement you're not gaining much. That's the metric I value most in my daily occupation.

Reaction Score
I don't claim to have even a cursory understanding of "engagement" over "likes" (it seems you would have to be "engaged" in order to "like") and the significance of the distinction, etc, but notwithstanding the difference, what struck me was that Syracuse shows up on both lists. On one it's ahead of Tennessee and Notre Dame; on the other it has more than LSU and Georgia.
How can that be? For all our playful bashing of the Orange it looks like they've figured out the system that matters----or perhaps this ranking doesn't matter at all.

Reaction Score
Good post. UCONN is playing catch-up in so many phases that this is just another example. This was one of HFD's rants that I agreed with and, thus, motivated me to join Twitter. I'm on there posting as much pro-UCONN stuff as my time will allow. Social media doesn't have a direct impact but it does reach a wider audience. The more fans out there that read and talk about UCONN (or take the time to learn about UCONN), is only a good thing. If enough fans talk about UCONN, then it will eventually filter up to the people who can actually make CR decisions. At least, that's my hope.
I've been a lurker here since the beginning and I'm always struck by the number of times UCONN is misrepresented by non UCONN fans and at times, the media. Whether it's "UCONN's academics do not measure up..." or "Connecticut does not bring enough eyeballs to justify being added...", etc. Do we have an opportunity to help set the record straight on the BY? I'm not sure this suggestion is possible (or if it's unique for that matter), but would it not be a neat idea to post a "UCONN Scorecard" on the BY site, so everyone who visits, can see it and we all can reference when we're "spreading the word" about UCONN? Things like academic ranking, # of households and rank of CT TV market, # of alumni, research $ and its % growth YR over YR, etc. There's enough open blue space at the top of the page next to the BY logo that might be able to fit a few bullet points that could enlighten everyone who visits here. Just a thought...

Dooley

Reaction Score
I've been a lurker here since the beginning and I'm always struck by the number of times UCONN is misrepresented by non UCONN fans and at times, the media. Whether it's "UCONN's academics do not measure up..." or "Connecticut does not bring enough eyeballs to justify being added...", etc. Do we have an opportunity to help set the record straight on the BY? I'm not sure this suggestion is possible (or if it's unique for that matter), but would it not be a neat idea to post a "UCONN Scorecard" on the BY site, so everyone who visits, can see it and we all can reference when we're "spreading the word" about UCONN? Things like academic ranking, # of households and rank of CT TV market, # of alumni, research $ and its % growth YR over YR, etc. There's enough open blue space at the top of the page next to the BY logo that might be able to fit a few bullet points that could enlighten everyone who visits here. Just a thought...

I love it. Mods? Any room on the webpage for a "UCONN Facts" section? Fans/Yarders out on the social media trails can easily link and direct non-UCONN fans to this page to get all of their UCONN information in one easy-to-read place.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I found a project for HFD:

Create facebook page
Like UConn stuff
Repeat until pass Auburn

He already tried that on Twitter and was banned!

Reaction Score
UconnMICK said:

This is great idea. Furthermore, it needs to be on the Scout site and others. People get to other UConn boards before finding this one. Whatever is created, it is best that it get put up everywhere.

A brainstorming of facts thread and a lead person that can do a nice graphic to put it all together would be great.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Years ago, I took a stab at two popular mythological misconceptions about UCONN:

1. academics
2. Fiesta Bowl attendance

Feel free to use whatever you find in here. It's all been researched and I stand by what I wrote: http://www.uconnfactorfiction.com

As for other info needed, I think there are a lot of misconceptions about our football program. I created a thread and posted a few tweets made by Matt Schonvisky http://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-football-success-2007-present.61819/#post-1003710. I didn't fact check these so I'm taking him for his word. But in quickly eyeballing over them, they seem legit. Ironically, the 2007-Present timeframe INCLUDES the disastrous Paul Pasqualoni/George DeLeone era!

Matt Schonvisky @MattSchonvisky · 2h
@UConnFootball has more wins since 2007 than Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee & Vanderbilt of the SEC #UCONN

@UConnFootball has more wins since 2007 than Cal, Colorado, UCLA, Washington & Washington State of the Pac-12 #UCONN #BleedBlue #RiseUp

@UConnFootball has more wins since 2007 than Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota & Purdue of the B1G and Iowa State & Kansas of the Big XII #UCONN

@UConnFootball has more wins since 2007 than Duke, Maryland, NC State, Syracuse, Virginia & Wake Forest of the #ACC #BleedBlue #UCONN

@UCONNFootball has more players in the NFL than Auburn, Baylor, K State, Louisville, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss and Washington

@UConnFootball ranked 33rd in the nation with 19 players on current NFL rosters prior to April draft #UCONN #BleedBlue #RiseUp

@UConnFootball recruiting rankings performed 40 spots higher than star rankings show #UCONN #BleedBlue #RiseUp http://the-boneyard.com/blog/football-talent-is-not-all-in-the-stars/…

Reaction Score
@uconnhuskies has 47k twitter followers good for 24th overall
@UConnMBB has 20k followers for 21st
@UconnWBB has 16k followers 3rd

IF ONLY WE WERE A NATIONAL PROGRAM

We are a national program in BB, no reasonable person can doubt that. The problem however, as many on here have tried to point out over the years of CR, is that it really does not matter. In most of the country MBB matters for a 6 week period starting in late February and WBB never matters. We may not like it but there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom