How UConn football's John Marinelli serves as 'bridge' to CT high school coaches for Jim Mora's program (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

How UConn football's John Marinelli serves as 'bridge' to CT high school coaches for Jim Mora's program (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> Mora, the longtime NFL coach, assembled a youthful and energetic staff that managed to start changing the perception of the program as it started winning. Community engagement was important. Marinelli was key to laying the groundwork for Mora, whose only Northeast experience was as an ESPN analyst after his time as coach at UCLA (2012-2017).

“I wanted to make sure we had men on our staff who are familiar with this area and our recruiting footprint,” Mora said. “He's able to kind of guide me — you need to be at this game, you need to talk to this guy, you need to be seen here, you need to make a connection with this guy. … And I just listen to him because, to be honest, he's the expert and I'm the neophyte. I'm just going to try to learn from him when it comes to that. Because we have to be great in this area and he makes it a lot easier to make the connections that are necessary.” <-

-> “We're going to look up in a few years and he's going to be a head coach somewhere,” said Mora, whose father coached the NFL’s Colts and Saints. “His name is so strong in the Northeast and there's a lot of programs around here that I think he could make an impact on. He's got good energy, he's got a great attitude, he's got a great family. I love when his dad comes around because it's fun and funny and he's crotchety and he reminds me of my dad.” -<-

Reaction Score
Are we going to some recruits from Greenwich High School,. John is a former coach there, and they won state championship

Reaction Score
Trust that Mora was all over the CIAC Football Championship.
Ct kids would be crazy not to come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom