How UConn Football Is Using Technology To Increase Player Performance. | The Boneyard

How UConn Football Is Using Technology To Increase Player Performance.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pretty cool stuff. Now you have data to back up observations as well as perhaps end internal staff debates on who is fast, who can get out of breaks, change direction, general movement/positon the field and to the ball.

I could see shoulder pads with GPS units added to a lot of work environments.

Once baselines are established you can also get clues into who is trying and who is loafing any given proactive. Again, not any decent coach couldn’t already see that, but now they have actual data to back it up.

Reaction Score
At the risk of being chippy, the stats they should focus on are in W and L column. If they are running at top speed chasing down an opponents wide receiver, Id prefer a lot less 23 miles per hour instances. The next phase of winning breakfast? Winning the GPS?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
At the risk of being chippy, the stats they should focus on are in W and L column. If they are running at top speed chasing down an opponents wide receiver, Id prefer a lot less 23 miles per hour instances. The next phase of winning breakfast? Winning the GPS?
You are right. The program should have zero to share with the outside world until kick off vs UMass on 9/2. :rolleyes:

I understand the frustration from years of losing and Edsall certainly has done himself no favors in his second act, but do some of you naysayers ever seriously ponder what could be said by this program during these times that would actually impress you? I think answer is pretty clear, there is nothing that can be said because every possible quote can be distorted and twisted rather easily with any cynical lens.

Reaction Score
You are right. The program should have zero to share with the outside world until kick off vs UMass on 9/2. :rolleyes:

I understand the frustration from years of losing and Edsall certainly has done himself no favors in his second act, but do some of you naysayers ever seriously ponder what could be said by this program during these times that would actually impress you? I think answer is pretty clear, there is nothing that can be said because every possible quote can be distorted and twisted rather easily with any cynical lens.
I don't want to be purposely negative. I'm just tired of the gimmicks when the baseline answer is better recruiting and better coaching. Id be much more interested if they used accelerometers for player safety.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't want to be purposely negative. I'm just tired of the gimmicks when the baseline answer is better recruiting and better coaching. Id be much more interested if they used accelerometers for player safety.
Are you sure they aren't using accelerometers?

I'm fully confident if they put it out there that they were using accelerometers you would say "who cares - I want to hear about [insert whatever]"

The reality is; there is no way to "win" the PR war in the offseason (although you can lose the war). Everyone knows the games will be determinate of success.

Reaction Score
Are you sure they aren't using accelerometers?

I'm fully confident if they put it out there that they were using accelerometers you would say "who cares - I want to hear about [insert whatever]"

The reality is; there is no way to "win" the PR war in the offseason (although you can lose the war). Everyone knows the games will be determinate of success.
You may be right.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pretty cool stuff. Now you have data to back up observations as well as perhaps end internal staff debates on who is fast, who can get out of breaks, change direction, general movement/positon the field and to the ball.

I could see shoulder pads with GPS units added to a lot of work environments.

Once baselines are established you can also get clues into who is trying and who is loafing any given proactive. Again, not any decent coach couldn’t already see that, but now they have actual data to back it up.

Amazon already does that with cameras and sensors. See which workers are working and which ones are goofing off. Then replace all of them with machines which are more efficient than any of the workers.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
How can anyone here knock this article? The info first and foremost helps the kids with INJURIES and is another preventative measure. Then it helps the coaches with the kids performances. This isn't a blood sport or the Roman coliseum.

Reaction Score
I think the students are already using the technology to get better performance. (The transfer portal)

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

LSU and Alabama started using this technology a couple years ago. LSU actually schedules each and every practice to be more or less intense based on the speeds of players shown in the data. The slower the speeds, the less intense the practice to keep them fresh. Based on the eyeball test, this was by far the best conditioned and physically prepared LSU team I have ever seen. Previous seasons under Les Miles left the team completely worn out by game 8-9. These things do lead to more wins.

ETA: The old ways of just continuing practices throughout the season as if it were two-a-days do not work. The NFL recognized this years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom