How UConn became home for men's basketball's budding star Alex Karaban: 'He's very happy' (Mike Anthony) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How UConn became home for men's basketball's budding star Alex Karaban: 'He's very happy' (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score
Now thats the type of article sports journalism should be. However, uh hmm, he forgot that the Boneyard was all about Alex since Dec of 2019 and that Tom Moore was informed of that interest at Hoophall in Jan 2020. From that point, obviously the UConn staff felt the pressure to get Alex to UConn with Adama Sanogo and Donovan Clingan who together were the 3 requested players to successfully recruit. Under Boneyard scrutiny, all three became Huskies and fullfilled the destiny predicted by the Boneyard. Even in 2019 it was obvious that as a New Hampton Husky it was a logical step to grow into a UConn Husky. Duh.

/s for those who don't get the joke.

Loved the kid since first eyed Dec 2019, at Hoophall (annex) against Putnam Science, again in that championship game he references as MVP vs Brewster, Most minutes played on a National Championship team with Sanogo, Hawkins, Jackson, Tristan, etc is a feat in itself and quite a compliment from the staff. I never dreamed though that he might be good enough to go into the draft early. Thought average athleticism would make him a 4 year player.
It's true, you're the man on Karaban. You were on him early, and often. @Ricker , the scout. :)

Reaction Score
That was my point, he says Northborough in one place and Southborough in another
When he first got to UConn the bio said Northborough and then he had them change it to Southborough. I think he feels more connected to Southborough since he grew up there and all of his friends from the area are Southborough kids who he grew up with. That's who I saw him with when I saw him in town. I hope I see him again at some point. I'm asking him about this. :)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
When he first got to UConn the bio said Northborough and then he had them change it to Southborough. I think he feels more connected to Southborough since he grew up there and all of his friends from the area are Southborough kids who he grew up with. That's who I saw him with when I saw him in town. I hope I see him again at some point. I'm asking him about this. :)
season 2 tutu GIF by Showtime

Reaction Score
I would bet he does well with NIL in Conn. but also in Mass…since there isn’t a college basketball team in Mass.. I would think there is a lot of uconn fans in that state

Reaction Score
Another nice Mike Anthony article here on Karaban. Linky

There's a pic of his house which appears to be on a hill or slope. I would bet children who live on top of hills are usually much better shooters than those that don't.

Reaction Score
Another nice Mike Anthony article here on Karaban. Linky

There's a pic of his house which appears to be on a hill or slope. I would bet children who live on top of hills are usually much better shooters than those that don't.
This is the same article that started this thread. Was this supposed to be a different article. I'm confused!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom