How to have 100% improvement in 2018 | The Boneyard

How to have 100% improvement in 2018

Reaction Score
background - season ticket base down; blow out losses in 2017; total attendance down. No bowl, no extra practices again. I could not give tickets away this year. No stars on this team. No must see player.

Goal in 2018 - bowl eligibility; build the fan base.

If you run the program, what do you do to get bowl eligible, stabilize the fan base and to be competitive (no 20+ point losses) in 2018?

I clearly look for a fix at QB. I have no faith in Pindell and would love another year of growth for all other QB’s on the roster. A redshirt or true frosh does not get to the goal on my opinion.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Marketing, marketing, marketing.

-First off, I ditch a seat donation requirement for any seat that isn't indoors, slash the face value of all the tickets to $25. Stop insulting the fans' intelligence with prices.
-Edsall on the local TV morning shows early and often, going all over the state, meeting with alumni chapters, etc. (the only stuff Diaco did that made sense, basically).
-Give season ticket holders access to watch a spring practice besides the spring game.
-Hitch your wagon to MBB and WBB in any promotions you can- they're what people care about, use that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
First off, I ditch a seat donation requirement for any seat that isn't indoors, slash the face value of all the tickets to $25. Stop insulting the fans' intelligence with prices.

They ditched seat donations for all seats. They weren’t $25 face but you could buy 3 game miniplans inside and in the lower chairbacks with no donation. Two 3 game packs and look at that - season tickets with no donation.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They ditched seat donations for all seats. They weren’t $25 face but you could buy 3 game miniplans inside and in the lower chairbacks with no donation. Two 3 game packs and look at that - season tickets with no donation.

Good thinking, but ditch the need to make it out of the packs- just sell it as a season-ticket package, straight up.

Reaction Score
How do you get to 6 wins? i cant give away tickets to a 3 win team. Cut prices all you want but how does that get fans when free tickets does not get them in?

6 wins = bowl = extra practices = more coaching for what will be a young team. Build me a 6 win season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How do you get to 6 wins? i cant give away tickets to a 3 win team. Cut prices all you want but how does that get fans when free tickets does not get them in?

6 wins = bowl = extra practices = more coaching for what will be a young team. Build me a 6 win season.

Dude there is nothing you can do other than try to recruit better players and coach the ones you have to improve.

The schedule has some winnable games - but there isn’t a magic bullet and unless someone we haven’t seen is an above average FBS QB then I don’t have any expectation they win 6.

I don’t really expect them to be better than this year. Diaco was that bad.

Reaction Score
Not sure there is anything in Edsall's past to suggest he can turn things around as quickly as year 2.

One of the most fatal mistakes this program has made, much to the encouragement of our fan base, is adding power 5 teams to the Non conference schedule. We were encouraged by many to do so to "boost" attendance.

We are simply not good enough to be adding Boston College, UVA, Missouri, and whoever to a league schedule of UCF, USF, Memphis, Navy, Houston, etc. We are in no condition to be able to handle that schedule and it showed. And guess what. It has not helped attendance anyways. It's a death cycle right now.

This program literally needs to learn how to win football games again. The 3 non conference games should be winnable FCS, MAC, CUSA, WAC, etc. The only way to build this program is to literally teach them how to be a winning program again and that is not going to happen in our state unless we put a workable schedule together. Attendance can go pound sand for now. The only thing that will bring fans back is to start getting to 6-7 wins a year consistently and get bowl eligible. When we can do that than you can start increasing the competition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure there is anything in Edsall's past to suggest he can turn things around as quickly as year 2.

One of the most fatal mistakes this program has made, much to the encouragement of our fan base, is adding power 5 teams to the Non conference schedule. We were encouraged by many to do so to "boost" attendance.

We are simply not good enough to be adding Boston College, UVA, Missouri, and whoever to a league schedule of UCF, USF, Memphis, Navy, Houston, etc. We are in no condition to be able to handle that schedule and it showed. And guess what. It has not helped attendance anyways.

This program literally needs to learn how to win football games again. The 3 non conference games should be winnable FCS, MAC, CUSA, WAC, etc. The only way to build this program is to literally teach them how to be a winning program again and that is not going to happen in our state unless we put a workable schedule together. Attendance can go pound sand for now. The only thing that will bring fans back is to start getting to 6-7 wins a year consistently. When we can do that than you can start increasing the competition.

I will be super impressed if they can schedule the WAC OOC.

Reaction Score
I clearly have a different end idea and expectations for next year. I see pieces that work and that can actually improve with strength training and coaching onthe lines. I see the potential and personnel at RB and WR. I see the potential at D. I don’t se it on the roster at QB.
This is my last post on this subject. 9 months is a long time and I eagerly await what Randy has in store. But 6 wins is my minimum expectation in 2018. This team met my expectations this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I clearly have a different end idea and expectations for next year. I see pieces that work and that can actually improve with strength training and coaching onthe lines. I see the potential and personnel at RB and WR. I see the potential at D. I don’t se it on the roster at QB.
This is my last post on this subject. 9 months is a long time and I eagerly await what Randy has in store. But 6 wins is my minimum expectation in 2018. This team met my expectations this year.

You can have whatever expectations you want.

They don’t have a single AAC average player returning on defense. If you want to set expectations while ignoring that... cool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom