How to fix the team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How to fix the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No Omar please his time has past. He brings almost nothing to the team except for some rebounding at the guard/forward position. I rather see SAM I AM but he needs to be on a tight leash when he tries those fades. He can definitely dribble and has some good pt. guard skills and definitely shoot if he has his feet set. The key is he needs to not force shots off balance like he did today.
He can handle the ball, rebounds, plays solid d, and spreads the floor. Sam should be last with Adams and Calhoun in front of him

Reaction Score
Hoping we soon just play 8 guys- with Adams, Facey, and Enoch coming off the bench. No reason to play Omar,Cassel, or Nolan unless there is injury or foul issues. This team need to build chemistry. Playing 11 guys doesn't work

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
More Adams and Facey will help this team
they don't need to start...yet

Reaction Score
I think Ollie is best prepared to make adjustments and "fix" the team. Lighten up we are a ways from our next championship (this year). However I don't think most of you can restrain yourselves. This is a very good team, working toward great!~

Reaction Score
People giving up on Sterling Gibbs is laughable. Is this the only game you've seen the guy play in 4 years? please, get a life people. He's a player, those who throw him out to pasture will eat tons of crow this year, TONS.

I tend to agree but if he's the player we think he is it's important that he show up for the big games like the last 2. Just hoping he wasn't 100% because these are the type of games where you build some reputation and the confidence of your coaches.

Reaction Score
1. Time to Fix the Rotation

Sorry, but 11 people cannot play 10+ minutes/game and be in regular sub patterns. 2-way players only, please
**condolences to Sam Cassell(no D, play sparingly), Calhoun

2. Adams minutes --^ at expense of Gibbs. Much better defense/creativity. Dependent on how hot Gibbs is.

3. Frontcourt minute distribution - Facey/Enoch combo needs more minutes. Brimah brings less than nothing to offense if he's not dunking, and is a negative on-ball defender.

This should prove a boost to our defense(Adams/Enoch more minutes), rebounding(Brimah/Gibbs less minutes, Facey/Enoch/adams more), and offensive efficiency.

Oh, and it would help if Purvis would make layups.
I don't think the team is broken. I do think we know what we have here though. It is a good team, with some obvious deficiencies in certain areas and some talented pieces, that isn't ready to be great yet. Hopefully we string together a good season and are ready to be great in February and March.

Reaction Score
Right, two games negate the last three years where he was a really good player.

Too many fans live and die with every game. Now against Sacred Heart Adams will probably go 1-5 from the field with a few turnovers and these guys will want to cut him from the team.

Then let's see it. Maryland & Ohio State, let's see that "really good player". I'd be very happy to see that.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I liked what we saw from Enoch tonight, it was a good start and if he had finished that monster putback slam late in the game then most of this board would probably be frothing at the mouth to make him the Head Coach and demote Ollie to assistant.

That being said, despite the immense promise Enoch has shown, he is definitely not deserving of a start or significant starter minutes. The solution to our front court problems lies within improvement of mainly Brimah and somewhat Miller (who along with Adams brought us back into it tonight), not in sticking even more inexperienced guys into the fire. If anything, I'd say Facey has earned the right to make a timeshare with both Brimah and Miller, splitting all threes minutes to roughly the same level as he is without a doubt the team's best offensive rebounder, and may even be the best rebounder overall (not as tenacious and springy as Miller but more physically built for the task of rebounding against big time opponents).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Then let's see it. Maryland & Ohio State, let's see that "really good player". I'd be very happy to see that.

I'm sure he will and you'll move onto whoever else has an off-night.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
A team still learning to play together lost by a combined 6 points to the team who won the whole damn thing in a loaded field and a team with arguably the best front court in the country. Was it ugly at times ? Yes. Was it also fantastic at times? Yes. This team needs calibrating not fixing. We left a few opportunities on the table for sure but its still worlds ahead of last years team. There's a reason KO called Sterling's number down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Really, the only players that should be handing out water are Calhoun, Nolan and Foxen. Everyone else is worth investing in.

you did see omar drop 17 on syracuse last night? He has talent and with adams/gibbs/purvis as the 3 man rotation through the 1-2 spots, you only get one guy 10 minutes behind hamilton-calhoun can do more with those minutes than cassell, but both need to see the floor a little because if either catches fire it is a huge boost.

Reaction Score
A team still learning to play together lost by a combined 6 points to the team who won the whole damn thing in a loaded field and a team with arguably the best front court in the country. Was it ugly at times ? Yes. Was it also fantastic at times? Yes. This team needs calibrating not fixing. We left a few opportunities on the table for sure but its still worlds ahead of last years team. There's a reason KO called Sterling's number down the stretch.
This right here. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. Now that going undefeated is off the table I think many folks on this board should revise their expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom