How the duck was Kwintin Williams a UConn Basketball Player? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How the duck was Kwintin Williams a UConn Basketball Player?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The only thing I remember was when he went up to dunk and got rejected by the rim. I thought man his jumping sure doesn't translate to the real thing. Wow. Kevin Ollie. Just unbelievably bad eye for talent.
JSMH
Even the greats are rejected by the rim from time to time
Yeah, KO saw no talent at all
are you bored or as ducked up as the originator of this ducked up thread?

C

Chief00

Well, he DID hold the vertical record. I think I even remember seeing a vid of his butt in the hoop. But I never saw his feet leave the ground in a game.
He was actually are only guy who horizontally blocked out for rebounds. Just be fair, his blocking out technique was actually pretty decent.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Funny, he had a little run with the Albany Patroons. Don't what he did, but again his athleticism impressed someone besides us.
They probably thought, "Hey, if he was good enough for UConn, he's got to be good enough for us, right?"

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He was actually are only guy who horizontally blocked out for rebounds. Just be fair, his blocking out technique was actually pretty decent.
But he wandered around aimlessly on defense. Literally, just chased the ball, and always a few steps behind it, and had no idea where his man was. Or who he was supposed to be covering, as far as I could see,

C

Chief00

But he wandered around aimlessly on defense. Literally, just chased the ball, and always a few steps behind it, and had no idea where his man was. Or who he was supposed to be covering, as far as I could see,
No arguments on any of those observations. You are talking to the guy that others said missed Kwintin in my recruiting Grind and our beloved First Night fans thought he was destine for stardom.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
The above criticisms are valid but given the guys we had up front, Kwintin played most physical. Ok, he would make foolish fouls, lose his assignment but at least he had a mean streak that Chief likes in his Bigs. The First Night fans loved him. Chief got criticized for suggesting we recruit HS/prep instead of JUCO.
Chief I have nothing against you, but he was bad l, very very bad, the worst player in college basketball bad. He looked so scared on the court and god forbid the ball ever came to him, he looked like a 7th grader that no one taught the first thing about basketball.

Reaction Score
I see little profit in banging on a kid who is just trying to find a fit with what skills he has. Not big on dumping on the program’s departed. Big$$ coaches and staff, fire away and kick the corpse.

C

Chief00

I see little profit in banging on a kid who is just trying to find a fit with what skills he has. Not big on dumping on the program’s departed. Big$$ coaches and staff, fire away and kick the corpse.
I agree, despite being a critic of the recruitment, once a UConn player, I tried to provide just a little balance. It did not go over well.

Reaction Score
Yep, KW may have been the worst recruit we've brought in. I'd put Lubin right behind him, though. The Lubin one was interested because people here swore he was going to be good because he was ranked highly in some random pub prior to his AAU (or lack thereof play). We were watching live games of him and he was awful.

Mandeldove certainly didn't work out, but he was #92 when he committed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom