How tall is Sullinger? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How tall is Sullinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A good man can shut him down no problem.

I think that's being insulting. You are entitled to your opinion but look at Sullinger the college player not the NBA prospect. I guarantee you a good man can not shut him down as if its 'no problem'.

If that's the case then our own bigs are in trouble come BE play, because that are some 'good' bigs in the league.

Reaction Score
Anyone who wasn't impressed by OS didn't watch the same game I did. Sully is an excellent BB player. VG passer, OS played as a team. The best performance of a team I have seen this year. 59% from floor,57 from 3 point range. They would have beaten any team last night. Playing at home was huge. They have an excellent core of players and they have an excellent chance to be a one seed. Too early to tell but they are making a case as one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the nation. Need to see how they play on the road.

Reaction Score
Sullinger is too short at 6'7 and he doesnt have great athleticism. A good man can shut him down no problem. If we do see them in the NCAA torunament I expect UCONN to win fairly easily with Drummond neutralizing Sullinger big time. I would not waste a lottery pick on Sullinger if I was an NBA gm because hes a tweener who doesnt have great athleticism. He will have trouble guarding power forwards in the NBA. Maybe I am just homering for UCONN but i think its undoubtedly true.

If they played tomorrow, Sullinger would have AD fouled out faster than JC could scream in Stanley's face! We're not really in the business of predicting future nba careers when discussing potential matchups. Heck, I LOVED watching and talking about HT and although I would love to see him get better in the nba, my main passion is uconn players when they are at uconn.

Sullinger would cause major problems for AD. Although he is a bit undersized, he is a load and has really great post moves. Look what AD and co did against Central Florida in the 2nd half: they helped guys up who they knocked down and then shied away from contact for fear of fouling.

It is hoped that as the season goes on, AO will get some confidence back, AD will continue to improve, and Roscoe can get his groove back. Until then, OSu would have a fairly nice advantage down low imo.

Reaction Score
OSU impressed me, I agree that they look like the best team so far this year. Duke def looked a little underwhelming , but we all knew that once they played a team with a good front court that they would run into problems. Duke will be a problem though due to their shooters, Dawkins and Curry didnt have great games, if they start knocking down 3's then they'll be a problem for any team . The season is early but some posters here are delirious if u think that we would just walk all over OSU if we played them. Sullinger is a tough tough cover

Reaction Score
I just have a hard time believing this team can win it all despite how good they may look at the moment. I knew Duke would lose this game because they play too soft even though their big guys as a whole are better than the Ohio State frontcourt. Sullinger's is a good scorer, understands the game, and is a crafty player, but not a star. Ohio State is a not big or athletic team, and those type of teams will be nightmare matchups for Ohio State (UCONN for example). Sullinger was neutralized by Josh Harrelson last year, which doesn't bode well going up against Drummond and or Oriakhi who shut down Harrelson twice last year. They are a solid team, but our talent, length, and size would be too much for them to overcome. Craft is a solid player but he wouldn't be able to guard Boatright. Craft is more suited to defend guards who are not quick and explosive like Seth Curry, and make them shoot from outside.

Reaction Score
I just have a hard time believing this team can win it all despite how good they may look at the moment. I knew Duke would lose this game because they play too soft even though their big guys as a whole are better than the Ohio State frontcourt. Sullinger's is a good scorer, understands the game, and is a crafty player, but not a star. Ohio State is a not big or athletic team, and those type of teams will be nightmare matchups for Ohio State (UCONN for example). Sullinger was neutralized by Josh Harrelson last year, which doesn't bode well going up against Drummond and or Oriakhi who shut down Harrelson twice last year. They are a solid team, but our talent, length, and size would be too much for them to overcome. Craft is a solid player but he wouldn't be able to guard Boatright. Craft is more suited to defend guards who are not quick and explosive like Seth Curry, and make them shoot from outside.

I took the liberty of highlighting the most egregious statements here - as you can see there are quite a few.

1) Duke's frontcourt is not better than Ohio State's. This was not debatable prior to last night's game and certainly shouldn't be debatable the morning after they got manhandled by Ohio State's frontline.

2) If Jared Sullinger isn't a star in college basketball, nobody in America is. He's a first team All-American for crying out loud.

3) Sullinger had 21 points and 16 rebounds against Josh Harrelson last year. He was not "neutralized." If you're looking for reasons why Ohio State lost that game, start with the fact that Buford was 2-16.

4) Aaron Craft is universally considered one of the best perimeter defenders in the country. Ryan Boatright has played 33 minutes of college basketball and you have somehow determined that Craft cannot guard him. By the way - if Uconn played Ohio State, Craft would guard Napier. Since Napier fits the "unathletic guard" mold of Seth Curry according to you, Craft should be able to shut him down completely. And if Napier is shut down completely, Uconn does not beat Ohio State.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You guys don't get it. OSU's blowout win over Duke isn't impressive because obviously Duke's not that good if they could get blown out like that.

Sullinger won't be an NBA Hall of Famer so he's basically the same player as Jeff Adrien.

Reaction Score
i dont know if your being sarcastic or not but the point is UCONN has nothing to fear from Ohio State. I don't know why everyone is so quick to defend them they look slow and unatheltic as a team. You can't win championships with teams like that. UCONN's length on the perimeter will give craft buford and company a nightmare shooting night. Roscoe Smith on Buford will more than neutralize him. Sullinger won't be able to see the basket with Drummond and Oriakhi(Roscoe/olander ). I like the guy I just don't see what all the hype is all about. He is not impressive to me, and teams like UCONN will manhandle that team. Remember people thought Matt Howard was a very good big man and how the media people and so called experts were saying how Butler had an advantage on UCONN in the front court, which was ridiculous. Then Oriakhi and Okwandu completely dominated the Butler front court like i expected, and the experts were surprised UCONN bigs could score down low and suffocate Matt Howard.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
doomed I tell ya, we're doomed

Reaction Score

Yeah, Sullinger's a scrub... I'd much rather have the 10 Plumlee brothers and goofy Kelly on my team...

Reaction Score
All this talk of height and no Hilton unit mention .... ;)

Reaction Score
Some guys just see Uconn through rose colored glasses and thus no flaws while other teams all look like ugly ducklings.

Reaction Score
Tough to disrespect OSU after last night. Their offense runs with a purpose and they are all confident ball handlers. They are going to be a load to anyone. With development I believe we can go toe to toe with them in March.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OSU is very good and will be in the mix for NC's. Duke will only go as far as they can make three's. If they get hot, they can stay competitive with most anyone. But if they struggle from the three, a team with a strong front court will beat them. Sullinger and Rivers are great players.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
All this talk of height and no Hilton unit mention .... ;)
Just started on the first page and skimmed through the thread really quick looking for the HU mention. A little disappointed I made it all the way to the 4th page.

Reaction Score
I took the liberty of highlighting the most egregious statements here - as you can see there are quite a few.

1) Duke's frontcourt is not better than Ohio State's. This was not debatable prior to last night's game and certainly shouldn't be debatable the morning after they got manhandled by Ohio State's frontline.

2) If Jared Sullinger isn't a star in college basketball, nobody in America is. He's a first team All-American for crying out loud.

3) Sullinger had 21 points and 16 rebounds against Josh Harrelson last year. He was not "neutralized." If you're looking for reasons why Ohio State lost that game, start with the fact that Buford was 2-16.

4) Aaron Craft is universally considered one of the best perimeter defenders in the country. Ryan Boatright has played 33 minutes of college basketball and you have somehow determined that Craft cannot guard him. By the way - if Uconn played Ohio State, Craft would guard Napier. Since Napier fits the "unathletic guard" mold of Seth Curry according to you, Craft should be able to shut him down completely. And if Napier is shut down completely, Uconn does not beat Ohio State.

"Ryan Boatright has played 33 minutes of college basketball and you have somehow determined that Craft cannot guard him."

Without getting into a long dissertation on Boatright:

"I'm from Chicago," Boatright said, as if that should tell you all you need to know. "And we don't do anything without letting you know we're doing it to you."

If Calhoun is mentioning Boatright in the same breath as KW accept the fact the 33 minutres are a mere prelude of better things to come in the future (meaning this year).

Calhoun was surprised but not shocked that Boatright was so good so soon. He had, after all, spent weeks watching Boatright blow by defenders in practice. That includes Kemba Walker, who had been hanging out in Storrs during the NBA lockout. Whenever Walker was in the gym, Boatright begged to guard him. "You almost have to know Ryan. Not too many things bother him," Calhoun said. "He didn't get much [practice] work as far as running our stuff, but I'll tell you what he does do. He has incredible courage. He can go by most anybody. Plays very good defense. I had no qualms whatsoever about throwing him in like that."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/seth_davis/11/28/Ryan.Boatright/index.html#ixzz1fDyJlNWb

If KW can't guard RB then Craft or anyone else will suffer his ultimate demise at the hands of the one and only BOATSHOW. :D

BAZZ and BOAT now rule. Not saying they will win it all but New Orleans here we come!

Reaction Score
anybody else notice that the picture in the article is Brendan Allen no Boatright

Reaction Score
anybody else notice that the picture in the article is Brendan Allen no Boatright
I said to myself that's not RB, but then said maybe its the angle. Tough being a freshman I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom