How tall is Polley currently? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How tall is Polley currently?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Springs is shorter than I thought

Reaction Score
Tallest guy on our team. Real ##s he's probably 6'9 and Carlton/whaley/akok are all 6'8. But every team exaggerates so it's unfair to compare

Since Hilton Armstrong (very long neck) and John Gwynn (very short neck), I look at shoulders to get a sense of how big someone will play. What say you?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have to say, Whaley doesn't even look like the same guy. Looks like he could pull people's arms out of their sockets, wookie style. I like that. We've been missing that.

Reaction Score
Since Hilton Armstrong (very long neck) and John Gwynn (very short neck), I look at shoulders to get a sense of how big someone will play. Theory is reach, for rebounding, blocking shots, and deflecting passes is a factor of arm length and how high off the floor your shoulders are. What say you?

You're not wrong. But HOW you play is more important than giving or taking an inch.

Carlton plays bigger than 6'9--his realistic height. Polley obviously plays a lot shorter. Vital is another guy who plays bigger than he is.

Reaction Score
In an earlier picture of Polley and Bazz it appeared he was close to a foot taller. Bazz is certainly not 6’1” but he is minimally 5’11”.
Polley ,Carlton, Akok , Whaley , Springs & Wilson give us 3,4,5 height with depth we haven’t had for years. Its going to be a huge plus for us this year. Cobb and and ever Yakwe where probably 6’7“ or shorter and we frequently played an supposed 6’1” guy at the three,
Like I said before I’m not concerned with 2-5 I love the length . It’s 1 depth that scares me a bit.
It killed the 2016-17 season to a greater degree than the loss off Larrier.

Reaction Score
In an earlier picture of Polley and Bazz it appeared he was close to a foot taller. Bazz is certainly not 6’1” but he is minimally 5’11”.
Polley ,Carlton, Akok , Whaley , Springs & Wilson give us 3,4,5 height with depth we haven’t had for years. Its going to be a huge plus for us this year. Cobb and and ever Yakwe where probably 6’7“ or shorter and we frequently played an supposed 6’1” guy at the three,
Like I said before I’m not concerned with 2-5 I love the length . It’s 1 depth that scares me a bit.
It killed the 2016-17 season to a greater degree than the loss off Larrier.

The Depth at point guard killed us in conference play last year too when Gilbert and Adams were both injured. If that didn’t happen we could have won 20 games despite some of our other deficiencies. Obviously sniper should never play point guard. I think Bouknight would actually be our 3rd pg this season.

I’m hopeful that we have better injury luck this year in that regard.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Polley is functionally a good deal shorter than Josh. Josh's shoulders are at least 2" higher than Polley's. Even if both were bald -- top of the head height is meaningless. Polley's longer neck doesn't get boards or block shots. But even with the neck extension, he's shorter than Carlton. View attachment 47257
Dang Josh looks 9’8” or so

Reaction Score
Any updates on 41? I don’t hear any chatter about him! LOL
He actually looked really good to me at the open practice. I have no expertise in basketball, however. Let's put it this way: I usually can readily differentiate between walk-ons and scholarship players when watching them on the court together. The difference wasn't so stark that day.

I had the exact same take. Had to look at the guide to figure out who he was but physically- length and agility he didn't seem far off from the scholarship players.

He regularly out sprinted all of the other players on the team. It looked like he was the designated runner for all sprints, like a rabbit to pace the rest of the team. And he knows he always has to go all out. The rest of the guys only ran at 80-90%.

He looked like our "Rudy" with length equal to the other guards...

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Since Hilton Armstrong (very long neck) and John Gwynn (very short neck), I look at shoulders to get a sense of how big someone will play. What say you?
Shoulders, length of arms, vertical leaping, strength, reflexes, ability to judge how balls bounce off the board and rim, and heart.

I'll take another Jeff Adrien any day.

C

Chief00

Polley is functionally a good deal shorter than Josh. Josh's shoulders are at least 2" higher than Polley's. Even if both were bald -- top of the head height is meaningless. Polley's longer neck doesn't get boards or block shots. But even with the neck extension, he's shorter than Carlton. View attachment 47257
Agree, Polley has a long neck.

Reaction Score
2019_20_MEN_S_BKB_MEDIA_GUIDE.jpg

Looking at shoulder levels vs top of the head/hair makes it a little more subjective but interesting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Shoulders, length of arms, vertical leaping, strength, reflexes, ability to judge how balls bounce off the board and rim, and heart.

I'll take another Jeff Adrien any day.
Give me Jeff Adrien but he buys gloves from the adult section.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I have to say, Whaley doesn't even look like the same guy. Looks like he could pull people's arms out of their sockets, wookie style. I like that. We've been missing that.

That's what extra peanut butter will do.

Reaction Score
IT'S THE ARM LENGTH THAT COUNTS- AKOK WINS THATS WHY HE'S A SHOT BLOCKER

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had the exact same take. Had to look at the guide to figure out who he was but physically- length and agility he didn't seem far off from the scholarship players.

He regularly out sprinted all of the other players on the team. It looked like he was the designated runner for all sprints, like a rabbit to pace the rest of the team. And he knows he always has to go all out. The rest of the guys only ran at 80-90%.

He looked like our "Rudy" with length equal to the other guards...

can he play PG I’d needed?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You are all estimating Polley's height from the date the photo was taken.
Currently, we have no idea.

Reaction Score
It would be helpful if teams posted wingspan. That is just as important as the top of the haircut.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom