How talented was the 2012 defense? | The Boneyard

How talented was the 2012 defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Between the 2012 and 2013 draft as many as six of the starters will be drafted in the first four rounds of the NFL draft - Trevardo, Sio, Yawin, Blide, Dwayne and possibly Shamar. Now throw Joseph who was playing at as NFL califer draft pick prior to his injury, Wirth who played at an all-conference level in 2012 and a three year starter in Jory Johnson. Safety may have been the week spot, but Tymer is a good one and Adams really came on as a promising frosh.

Of course P couldn't figure out how to win games with all that talent, but that's another matter.......

Reaction Score
Very talented, but had trouble protecting leads late - NCState, Temple, even the Ville - and forgot to show up certain days - WMU, Syracuse. I don't know why folks feel better digging up old bodies and kicking them again to feel better, but remember if Christen kicks one, jst one (of 4) FGs straight, we beat Temple and go bowling. Now, while commiserating about P's inability to win in 12 may make you feel better - not going to a bowl in 12 made the reality of a coching change easier on the drive back from Buffalo. Had we gone bowling, would we have seen a change in 13? Sometimes you need to be careful about what it is you wish for.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
But Dez says the cupboard was bare on offense!!! (ignore Griffin and Nick Williams)

Reaction Score
not_this_shit_again.jpeg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am choosing to look forward rather than rehash the obvious and much discussed shortcomings of the previous regime in the W department as they relate to the available talent present on the squad during the tenure of said regime.

Why? Because it adds nothing to the energy bucket and makes me a thick combination of sadness and anger.

Reaction Score
Between the 2012 and 2013 draft as many as six of the starters will be drafted in the first four rounds of the NFL draft - Trevardo, Sio, Yawin, Blide, Dwayne and possibly Shamar. Now throw Joseph who was playing at as NFL califer draft pick prior to his injury, Wirth who played at an all-conference level in 2012 and a three year starter in Jory Johnson. Safety may have been the week spot, but Tymer is a good one and Adams really came on as a promising frosh.

Of course P couldn't figure out how to win games with all that talent, but that's another matter.......

th

Reaction Score
The only true way to discussed a recruiting class is after they graduate.

The same is true of the of the 2012 class. The Pasqualoni defenders -Dez in particular- kept harping on the lack of talent on the 2012 squad as the reason for their poor record.

This thread is entirely appropriate and brings proper perspective (which only time can supply) to the appraisal of the 2012 team.

Reaction Score
The only true way to discussed a recruiting class is after they graduate.

The same is true of the of the 2012 class. The Pasqualoni defenders -Dez in particular- kept harping on the lack of talent on the 2012 squad as the reason for their poor record.

This thread is entirely appropriate and brings proper perspective (which only time can supply) to the appraisal of the 2012 team.

Maybe my energy vampire was uncalled for. After all this is a fresh, new thought that has never ever been discussed here on the Boneyard ad nauseum.

Reaction Score
Maybe my energy vampire was uncalled for. After all this is a fresh, new thought that has never ever been discussed here on the Boneyard ad nauseum.

Not with the knowledge that SS was headed to the Senior Bowl, etc.

Reaction Score
The main problem with this thread is that we've had this argument on the Boneyard about 10,000 times. Nobody is changing their minds at this point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Very talented, but had trouble protecting leads late - even the Ville

I call BS. The D stopped that high-flying offense in OT. It doesn't get much later than that. And that was after being on the field for 2/3rds of the game.

Reaction Score
The main problem with this thread is that we've had this argument on the Boneyard about 10,000 times. Nobody is changing their minds at this point.

Yes, but new information keeps appearing that supports one side of the argument.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
To answer the original question, "not very," because we only won 5 games. So obviously not very good. It was all their fault.

Reaction Score
Yes, but new information keeps appearing that supports one side of the argument.

Yes, Shamar Stephen being invited to the Senior Bowl pretty much proves we should've won 10 games in 2012.

What are you, some kind of scientist?

Reaction Score
Yes, Shamar Stephen being invited to the Senior Bowl pretty much proves we should've won 10 games in 2012.

What are you, some kind of scientist?

Wow, are you mentally ill? How did you get that conclusion from my post? Talk about adding one and one and getting ten million, YIKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom