How sweet it is! (Louisville recap) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How sweet it is! (Louisville recap)

Reaction Score
the fact is Geno was forced to play MW and CW right away because they are quality players and frankly because he had no other choice......I expect Ms Griffin will see significant minutes next year as will a graduate transfer or European recruit that joins the 2019/20 team...
Exactly...it isn’t fair that Christyn has the cup in her hand this soon. Amazing the way she’s handling it...

Reaction Score
The specific injury was never mentioned until Holly Rowe mentioned it today. I've dealt with back problems for much of my life while playing sports. I don't play sports anymore.

Reaction Score
I need to mention Crystal's play. As I watched the game at TUC, Crystal was unbelievable. She was running through, around and over screens and picks the entire game from sideline to sideline, bird-dogging Durr. While Durr had 21 points, it was on 7 for 19 shooting and she never was able to take over the game. In the first half, Crystal held Durr to 1-10 shooting. Crystal was truly the unsung hero of the game.
I totally agree; Crystal played amazing defense! Great reads on when to fight the screen and when to hold her ground when Asia rejected it. She hustled all game!

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
The Grittiest, (if thts a word), I'd put the ND game as the best...jmho.

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn had more turnovers and less assists than the competition and still won?

Reaction Score
As I mentioned in another post, after Louisville had burned UConn a couple times screening for Durr to allow her to get jump shots in the lane, for the one and only time in the game, UConn came out of a timeout in a 2-3 zone and Louisville had no clue what to do. Brilliant coaching move by Geno.
Ditto. I've commented on Geno's lack of scheming/creativity throughout year but it was the old Geno I remember from 10+ years ago-i.e. box and one, zones, etc.

Reaction Score
I need to mention Crystal's play. As I watched the game at TUC, Crystal was unbelievable. She was running through, around and over screens and picks the entire game from sideline to sideline, bird-dogging Durr. While Durr had 21 points, it was on 7 for 19 shooting and she never was able to take over the game. In the first half, Crystal held Durr to 1-10 shooting. Crystal was truly the unsung hero of the game.
Not unsung to anyone who knows her...

Reaction Score
Ditto. I've commented on Geno's lack of scheming/creativity throughout year but it was the old Geno I remember from 10+ years ago-i.e. box and one, zones, etc.

I am reminded of a great comment by Summitt in regards to how much to prepare/scheme for a regular season game: "We will play every card in our hand ... but that's not every card in the deck."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this the sign of a magnificent coach, or what?!
I don't know, but that was a pretty complete game by all concerned.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t think the lack of creativity is what he wanted. Geno commented not that long ago that he had to super-simplify things for this team.

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn had more turnovers and less assists than the competition and still won?
I take that to mean that Lou was hitting and she wanted to be the one to take over the game, not pass it off and hope others did it for them. Senior leadership for sure!

Reaction Score
Great game to watch...... this is what WCBB should be..... our gals played great.... and big shout out to Louisville.... Jeff has been doing a great job with them.... and kudos to him

Reaction Score
I nearly went hoarse during those 82 seconds screaming my lungs out. [/QUOTE]
Totally agree! We were at the game and I have never cheered more or more loudly than I did during that game. The TUC vibe was electric! I didn't have much of a voice for school the next day... my kids know my love of UConn so they didn't tease me too much :rolleyes:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
(we say) 'hey Lou, how's by you?' (Lou says) 'I made it pour, on to the Final Four!' we win! (4x)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom