How spoiled are we? | The Boneyard

How spoiled are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With a roster filled with Freshmen and Sophomores (plus AO) we have a 10-1 team ranked solidly in the Top 10, you would think that most fans would be pretty happy. We have one of the best coaches in the history of college basketball, along with one of the best backcourts in the nation. Throw in arguably the best freshman big man in college ball, and a roster that is a legit 9 deep... Our assistant coach has over 450 victories as a head coach and another assistant is a 10 plus year NBA veteran. 3 NC's since 1999. This team is 10-1 and we all know that AO, DD, RS, and NG are all capable of contributing far more than they have in the first 11 games. Plus, we have the Boatshow. :)

It is great to be a Husky fan. Look at the other programs in our region. They would all give their left nuts to have our "problems". Enjoy the ride. This is a young team, and will probably be a bit more inconsistent than we would all like. BUT, if this team stays healthy and it all clicks, February, March and April could be very interesting.

Reaction Score
UConn will NEVER be able to compete with schools like Syracuse and Georgetown.

They should lower their sights and play at a level that isn't so demanding.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
UConn will NEVER be able to compete with schools like Syracuse and Georgetown.

They should lower their sights and play at a level that isn't so demanding.
You have some weird humor dude.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Post brought to us by means of a time machine.
Don't look at UConn against our region. Our region sucks and typically does. We are a national team.
Playing at home against a mediocre team like Fairfield that has lost to Providence, Indiana State and Dayton, I don't think there is anything to be happy about.
The Big East schedule is coming up against much better teams than we have played.
If they give the Fairfield effort going forward then we are in trouble.

Reaction Score
This program has won 3 National Championships in a 12 year span and could contend for a 4th this season. This team's record is 10-1 and could be ranked #1 if it hadn't let a big lead slip away against Central Florida. You must be a misereable person to say "I don't think there is anything to be happy about".

Cape Canaveral at 6:00 a.m. for the XMAS morning rocket scientist Holiday Hodown? I'll be the 6' 8" 275 lb. guy doing curls with VW bugs to loosen up.

Reaction Score
You have some weird humor dude.

That was the prevailing wisdom around 1985 after we had several years of playing in the 8-9 game in the Big East Tournament. The 8-9 game was considered the UConn Invitational. Of course, last year we played Georgetown in the 8-9 game, after beating DePaul in the 9-16 game, but it was different back then with only nine teams.

Reaction Score
Don't look at UConn against our region. Our region sucks and typically does. We are a national team.
Playing at home against a mediocre team like Fairfield that has lost to Providence, Indiana State and Dayton, I don't think there is anything to be happy about.
The Big East schedule is coming up against much better teams than we have played.

Are you under the impression that other top teams win every game by 20? Because you post like you do.

Reaction Score
And look at BC - they gave their left and their right nut.

Yes, but unfortunately for them they kept their biggest nut and he's still running their athletic department.

Reaction Score
This thread has two trolls. KBong and Tampa Bill. I kinda like Kbong. T Bill sucks.

I think we are spoiled compared to most teams- but I like to think we're not most teams.

Dook, UNC, those are the teams that I would like to beleve we compare to in terms of expectations. If they're spoiled we're spoiled- if not we just have high expectations for the end of the year. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Spoiled? The sweet sixteen is our birthright. That's where our season starts, what's spoiled about that?

Reaction Score

Every school in the nation schedules mid-majors at home. I fail to see the point you're making.

Reaction Score

Correction, the effort of the second half of the Fairfield game may have left something to be desired. The first half was pretty good. I may not be thrilled but they won. Maybe it was coming so easy in the first half that they let up. Maybe they were thinking ahead to to Christmas. Its still early and they are fairly young. Don't be surprised if there is a swoon at some point during the BE season. As last year showed, that does mean the gig is up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think I'm spoiled at all because my team is good. I've paid my dues with lousy seasons and bad beats from my favorite teams over the years and always stuck with them.

Reaction Score
Even sat in the Capital Center in Landover, Maryland watching UConn get beat because Bobby Winston had a great game?
Remember the Bob Cousy coached BCU Beagles coming into the Field House and beating the Huskies and having people cheer Cousy?
Rememebr listening on radio as we got beat by our arch-rival, Rhode Island.

As Tony Montana said, "You remember, I want to forget."

I'm not spoiled, I'm collecting he spoils of perseverance and greatness.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
My being a Met fan more than offsets however spoiled I choose to act about my other team(s) that are actually good.

Reaction Score
Not really spoiled, just see the potential. Last year had a very limited formula = stay close, Kemba step up when falling behind and at end, play hard and tire other team out, challenge all shots, find sidekick for Kemba each game.
There are so many good to very good players who are still on the upward curve just anxious for all of them to get better individually and as team right away. Lack of putting away teams after double digit leads is caused by something, seems like lazy shot selection and HOPE THEY MISS defense (rather than Butler and Kentucky games defense). Am much more anxious about this year as regardless of all the praise other teams get I really think this is the most talented team in the country (maybe not really fair statement as I'm more judging how good I think our guys are/can be rather than being as familiar with other teams). The Thabeet team getting to FF (without Dyson) and last years team winning were high achievements for members of those teams; this year not getting to FF or even winning will be a missed opportunity (think how good these guys are - Lamb/Drummond could be lottery picks; Bazz/Boat who has better 2 guys to share ball; AO as your reserve 5 and big opponent 4; Olander/Roscoe as combination space takers, shooters, and rebounding/defense; Daniels and Giffey as guys to find playing time for - and only one Junior so should expect lot of improvement in play over next 20 games - wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom