How Paige Bueckers, UConn women's basketball star, stacks up against the Huskies' all-time best freshman seasons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How Paige Bueckers, UConn women's basketball star, stacks up against the Huskies' all-time best freshman seasons

Reaction Score
Wasn't Maya as a freshman unable "to guard a chair"? We forget that even our past heroes had flaws.

I agree that comparisons are premature but I'll predict that Bueckers will be the most entertaining player UConn ever had.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wasn't Maya as a freshman unable "to guard a chair"? We forget that even our past heroes had flaws.

I agree that comparisons are premature but I'll predict that Bueckers will be the most entertaining player UConn ever had.

When we play chairs, I might be concerned. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

The comments were nothing more than a great coach doing his job by always wanting more. The posters praising Maya on this thread haven't forgotten anything of relevance pertaining to Maya.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I was really referring to your exclusive list of 3, the "S" girls, Stewie, Sales and Strother, but why can't the OP list of 10 be 11?
Even if it was a list of Eleven, Shae Ralph would still be considered before Kia in my opinion, and that of the writer's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it’s unfair to have this pressure be put on Paige to try to emulate or transcend our previous UCONN freshmen. In my case, I can only hope for the best. If she ends up not being the best freshman in the country this season then there’s always the next three years to prove herself. From what I recall, Diana and Stevie weren’t for the entire duration of their freshmen years the best freshmen but look what they have become now - GOAT and world’s best player currently

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I get the post. Its almost a Boneyard tradition with the frosh. Compare them to former players. How do they stack up.

I will watch and evaluate Paige on what she does on the court during the season. Can we just let her be Paige.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Isn't that one of the main reasons for a forum though?
For years I was on an island, a UCONN fan without anyone to talk to about the team, the coach, or ideas. I woke up one day and found the BY. I thought I knew so much about my favorite team but soon learned that I was like a freshman. Where else can you get so many diverse and knowledgeable views regarding our team? I respect so many of the BY'ers views, knowledge ability to share them with me and you. Blueballer the posts are for you to get from them what you find interesting. I for one feel like I have found a home. I hope you enjoy what you find interesting, I for one agree with ScottCT that the By is so much more. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
so somewhere I saw people criticizing the announcer's pronunciation of Paige's last name. I looked in our roster and other places where we used to have a guide to pronouncing names, but I don't see any. So how is her last name pronounced? Buck ers? Buke ers? something else?

Reaction Score
so somewhere I saw people criticizing the announcer's pronunciation of Paige's last name. I looked in our roster and other places where we used to have a guide to pronouncing names, but I don't see any. So how is her last name pronounced? Buck ers? Buke ers? something else?
It's pronounced beck ers

Reaction Score

You are forgiven but Landers isn't. He is a professional and if he is going to make comments about a player he should take a minute to learn how to say her name. On almost any highlight video her name is announced repeatedly for anyone with ears. Landers had obviously not seen ten seconds of her play and was just babbling.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You are forgiven but Landers isn't. He is a professional and if he is going to make comments about a player he should take a minute to learn how to say her name. On almost any highlight video her name is announced repeatedly for anyone with ears. Landers had obviously not seen ten seconds of her play and was just babbling.
He still can't pronounce Olivia's last name and she's a Junior.

Reaction Score
He still can't pronounce Olivia's last name and she's a Junior.

I guess it's looked on as part of his charm. I'm hoping he slips and calls Lobo "honeychild" like a proper southern gentleman.
I like him because at times he breaks from the company line and says something insightful. I also liked the Brylcream look.

Reaction Score
For years I was on an island, a UCONN fan without anyone to talk to about the team, the coach, or ideas. I woke up one day and found the BY. I thought I knew so much about my favorite team but soon learned that I was like a freshman. Where else can you get so many diverse and knowledgeable views regarding our team? I respect so many of the BY'ers views, knowledge ability to share them with me and you. Blueballer the posts are for you to get from them what you find interesting. I for one feel like I have found a home. I hope you enjoy what you find interesting, I for one agree with ScottCT that the By is so much more. Enjoy the game tomorrow.
I had the same experience, as very little women's college basketball was covered at any time, other than when UCONN was visiting Notre Dame in basketball crazy Indiana. Welcome to the Boneyard!!!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I had the same experience, as very little women's college basketball was covered at any time, other than when UCONN was visiting Notre Dame in basketball crazy Indiana. Welcome to the Boneyard!!!
Thanks, glad to have found such a diverse and knowledgeable group. Hope you enjoyed the game today.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I believe the answer is in the results of this year, and I say YES!
I think with the NCAA allowing another year of eligibility, technically Paige could win 5. However as Paige turned 19 on October 1st, I hope everyone realizes she will be eligible for the WNBA draft after her Junior year and we will all be on needles and pins...:oops:

Reaction Score
I think with the NCAA allowing another year of eligibility, technically Paige could win 5. However as Paige turned 19 on October 1st, I hope everyone realizes she will be eligible for the WNBA draft after her Junior year and we will all be on needles and pins...:oops:
Except her bff will only have 2, so she’ll stay for 4.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Except her bff will only have 2, so she’ll stay for 4.

Sorry but in interviews after Azzi committed, she said it will be great to play with Azzi for 3 years. Paige will move quickly to enter the greatest professional stages ASAP. Get her Olympic clock started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom