How old are you? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

How old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Late to the thread because of a two day road trip visiting old haunts. Mystic, our growing up place, including a drive by of Watch Hill & Misquamicut, a drive past our old (1740) home of 30 years in Mansfield Center (and through Willimantic, not good), bombtown Storrs, then checked on the new BBall Training Facility project, past The Jungle (home in '68-'69), and finally dinner at Willington Pizza which we frequented almost weekly from the day it opened (saw more of Jeff and Marc than relatives). This is their 35th anniversary. http://www.willingtonpizza.com/35anniv.html

Then back to Vermont.

Oh, and I'll be 63 on 8/4. So, that makes me 62 today, right?

Do you remember a mom and pa grocery store on Denham in Mystic . Right near the water
They made the best grinders in Eastern CT

Reaction Score
Do you remember a mom and pa grocery store on Denham in Mystic . Right near the water
They made the best grinders in Eastern CT
Are you sure it's Denham? I worked for the town the summer of '68 and swept every street in Stonington, of which Mystic is a part, but no Denham. Best grinders we got were at Angie's, across from Packer Tar Soap, but there was a Mom & Pa up that street on Greenmanville, Ave. (Rt. 27) that had great grinders. Near Broadway School, my alma mata.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Same as Jack Benny. I've been 39 for 7 years which in some math circles makes me 45.

Reaction Score
Are you sure it's Denham? I worked for the town the summer of '68 and swept every street in Stonington, of which Mystic is a part, but no Denham. Best grinders we got were at Angie's, across from Packer Tar Soap, but there was a Mom & Pa up that street on Greenmanville, Ave. (Rt. 27) that had great grinders. Near Broadway School, my alma mata.

51 Denison my memory is fading fast. The last time I was there was a long time ago.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Def a ten.

Next poll is "If you went out to lunch with this guy, how long until you punched him in the face?

Perhaps supplemented by how many times do you say "dude just stop, really" before hitting him.

Reaction Score
51 Denison my memory is fading fast. The last time I was there was a long time ago.
Yes, Dennison Ave, it turns into Greenmanville. And 51 is right across the street from Broadway School. Remember it well. Loaded my desk up with bubble gum & fireballs from there, later the grinders.

Reaction Score
Next poll is "If you went out to lunch with this guy, how long until you punched him in the face?

Perhaps supplemented by how many times do you say "dude just stop, really" before hitting him.

Whaaa....you don't eat your ice cream that way??

Reaction Score
Yes, Dennison Ave, it turns into Greenmanville. And 51 is right across the street from Broadway School. Remember it well. Loaded my desk up with bubble gum & fireballs from there, later the grinders.
That store was run by my great aunt. She was the best
My great uncle actually had a still on the property were he made Grappa. He usually was busy getting Quhogs on the river or something else important 0so his work at the store was minimal. What a life that guy had.
I always said if she franchised her grinders no one would have ever heard of Subway.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
27... but being married 3 years, having a 4 month old and now adding golf to one my favorite things to do I feel more like I should be at least 10 years older.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
31, going on 23....

Reaction Score
27... but being married 3 years, having a 4 month old and now adding golf to one my favorite things to do I feel more like I should be at least 10 years older.
Golf is great since its one of the few sports you can continue to play competitvly into your senior years.
I seen a statistic that says retired men who golf on a regular basis live 5 years longer on average.

Reaction Score
I may very well be the youngest of everyone on the board, youngest I've seen on this thread yet. I come in at 16.
I may very well be the youngest of everyone on the board, youngest I've seen on this thread yet. I come in at 16.
I'm 16 too!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Golf is great since its one of the few sports you can continue to play competitvly into your senior years.
I seen a statistic that says retired men who golf on a regular basis live 5 years longer on average.

Probably cause they are more likely to be wealthy!

...and it allows them 8+ hours a week away from the wife. surprised it's only 5 years....

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Retired men who golf are as a group, likely to be healthier than those who don't and it likely has only a very little to do with golf. Healthy men are more likely to golf (as well as do other active sports, etc.).

Reaction Score
Probably cause they are more likely to be wealthy!

...and it allows them 8+ hours a week away from the wife. surprised it's only 5 years....
8 hours? We play 5 or 6 times a week
taking my golf cart its 5 minutes to the course
Arrive at least a half an hour early. Check in and hit some balls
3.5 hours to play 18 except Fri. and Sat
stay at least a half hours to 2 hours afterwords to solve the world's problems or work on a particular aspect of your game (I might chip or hit bunker shots for an hour). Maybe even have lunch. We're talking between 20 and 30 hours a week.

The only problem is golf takes on aspects of a job. During the summer we might have the 6:30 tee time. I get up earlier than when I worked. Only the insane play late in an AZ summer. I am taking a break from golf for a while but the BY and crossword puzzles have kept me occupied. I will start golfing possibly next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET