How often is Geno disappointed by a likely recruit? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How often is Geno disappointed by a likely recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mikayla Combs committed before she saw Uconn. Svet didnt either.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still would have loved to see Jackie G end up at UConn, even if she ended up with the same injuries. She was/is a class act and would have been a great teammate.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
There was a player who went to Notre Dame. Geno and the player's parents thought she was committing to UConn, and on the last day to sign the NLI, she changed and went to Notre Dame.

Are you 100 percent sure about that? Because I seem to recall the scenario you listed them in your post did not involve Notre Dame, but involved Laura Harper and Maryland.

Reaction Score
Are you 100 percent sure about that? Because I seem to recall the scenario you listed them in your post did not involve Notre Dame, but involved Laura Harper and Maryland.

No Laura Harper verballed to UConn, then rescinded it later before verballing to MD. No last minute surprise there.

I think Chelsey Lee of Rutgers fits the description here. UConn staff thought she was a definite.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
There was a player who went to Notre Dame. Geno and the player's parents thought she was committing to UConn, and on the last day to sign the NLI, she changed and went to Notre Dame.

No Laura Harper verballed to UConn, then rescinded it later before verballing to MD. No last minute surprise there.

I think Chelsey Lee of Rutgers fits the description here. UConn staff thought she was a definite.

Connecticut Coach Geno Auriemma is among the coaches who have lost a player to Frese. In September 2003, Laura Harper made an oral commitment to Connecticut before changing her mind and signing with Maryland.

Frese Hasn't Gone Unnoticed
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/24/AR2006032401945.html
As for Lee, she committed in October, so it was not a verbal to Notre Dame, nor was it on the last day of the signing period.

Lee Chooses Rutgers

As an aside, it could be someone else entirely.

Reaction Score
Connecticut Coach Geno Auriemma is among the coaches who have lost a player to Frese. In September 2003, Laura Harper made an oral commitment to Connecticut before changing her mind and signing with Maryland.

As for Lee, she committed in October, so it was not a verbal to Notre Dame, nor was it on the last day of the signing period.

Lee Chooses Rutgers

Pretty sure Harper decommitted to UConn well before the signing period.
Lee's verbal was a week before the signing period , so it was pretty close to the last minute.
But yes it may have been someone else.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

Yes, I am 100 percent sure it was Notre Dame. This was before Harper and Crystal. I have to do my research, because I watched the game with the player, but I can't remember the year or the player's name.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

Lee Chooses Rutgers

No, it wasn't Lee. This player went to Notre Dame. Let me do my research, because like I stated above, I watched the game, but I can't remember the year or the player's name.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

I have been up looking at games from 2001 - 2003, UConn vs Notre Dame trying to find this player. Well my research wasn't for nothing, because I found the information. The player that Geno loss to Muffet McGraw is: Teresa Borton 6-3 center from Yakima, Washington.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have been up looking at games from 2001 - 2003, UConn vs Notre Dame trying to find this player. Well my research wasn't for nothing, because I found the information. The player that Geno loss to Muffet McGraw is: Teresa Borton 6-3 center from Yakima, Washington.
upload_2016-12-1_3-27-7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog