How much do we miss Sherman? | The Boneyard

How much do we miss Sherman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
While watching the Fins-Jets game tonight there was a FB on Miami who missed a catch which made me think of UConn's FB....There is no Anthony Sherman. There is however, Mark Hinkley and Mr. Reuben Frank. Sherman seemed like a force for us, and I was wondering (since the OL has/had been getting a lot of blame) how much of a difference does it make not having him back there. How does his blocking/receiving skills compare to those we have now?

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Considering he's starting for Arizona and on special teams for kick-offs - A lot. We miss the Shermanator

Reaction Score
The blocking drop off at full back is night and day. Sherman would explode into defenders be they DE's or LBs. I specifically watched Hinkley throw what I could only describe as a shield/screen block where he used his hands to throw the incoming defender off stride against USF. Definitely not Sherman like, we've seen Frank get trucked by Fordham LBer Brett Biestek. In addition, neither of these guys have the balance Sherm had in the passing game. Seldom would the first tackler bring Sherman down, much like Deon Anderson I may add.

I guess we shouldn't be too shocked, as Sherman was/is a traditional NFL fullback and those are a very rare breed these days. Sherman is probably the guy we miss the most to be honest with you.

Reaction Score
A ton. I doubt PP realizes what he lost in the backfield and on specials with Sherms, Frey and JT. If he did he'd be crying at night.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sherman was named a player to watch at the International Bowl and it actually made sense. That's all you need to know about how important our Fullback was to the team.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
We certainly lost something in specials... our kick/punt returns just aren't what they were last year... and I don't think you can put it all on Nick Williams... there are so many punts that he would absolutely get killed if he tried to field them... I think it's what makes him so gun shy.

Reaction Score
I live in the next town from where he went to high school. I bumped into a pair of his middle school teachers. They brought his name up, because I was wearing my UCONN Football T-shirt. The funny thing is they talked about what a great person he was and rarely mentioned his athletic accomplishments. They kept talking about his character and leadership skills. It was not until a couple of weeks ago that they learned that he made an NFL roster. We definitely miss him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom