How Many Times has TSam dribbled a ball off his foot this year? | The Boneyard

How Many Times has TSam dribbled a ball off his foot this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I count at least two. Today against Cincy and also against Stanford. I know there has to be more....

Reaction Score
C'mon man you can't talk crap about TSam. It's not like he chooses to handle the ball, he's been thrust into that roll due to lack of true point guards on the team. TSam is the one guy who at the very least is giving 110% at all times when he is on the court.

Reaction Score
C'mon man you can't talk crap about TSam. It's not like he chooses to handle the ball, he's been thrust into that roll due to lack of true point guards on the team. TSam is the one guy who at the very least is giving 110% at all times when he is on the court.

I didn't know pgs have a choice as to whether or not they want to handle the ball... I thought that's what they get their scholarships for

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I count at least two. Today against Cincy and also against Stanford. I know there has to be more....

about the same number as AB mishandled passes, KF missed point blank shots, DHam dribbled into trouble, RP make just stupid plays, Omar watching his D responsibility blow by him, PN missed rebounds, SCJr missing wide open shots......
TSam is not the real problem here

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If he's not a point guard then what is he? He can't shoot a shot from outside.
He is a triple option quarterback and like Lubin he is playing the wrong sport.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Of all the kids to rank on for this loss... We all know he's not that good, but the kid gives it his all and had to play a role tonight he wasn't prepared for. You can't put this loss on him

Reaction Score
Of all the kids to rank on for this loss... We all know he's not that good, but the kid gives it his all and had to play a role tonight he wasn't prepared for. You can't put this loss on him

I'm not blaming TSam for the loss, just wondering how he can be such a poor dribbler of the ball. And god, why didn't he work on his shot last offseason?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm not blaming TSam for the loss, just wondering how he can be such a poor dribbler of the ball. And god, why didn't he work on his shot last offseason?
Like I said, he's not that good. I just think ranking on him is wrong. All he does is give it his all and that's all I can ask for.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
4 pts 4 brds 4 assists is not a bad line for him at all.

Stats are deceiving. TSam spent most of the night bouncing the ball at the top of the key and then passing the ball to Boat.
He can not break a team down with his dribble penetration. And he can't shoot. So, the entire offense suffers and this puts more pressure on Boat, leading to bad shots by Boat and by everyone on the perimeter as defenses don't have to rotate out to him so they stick closer to the shooters. The dribble off the foot was a real killer and led to a Cincy score.

Reaction Score
Stats are deceiving. TSam spent most of the night bouncing the ball at the top of the key and then passing the ball to Boat.
He can not break a team down with his dribble penetration. And he can't shoot. So, the entire offense suffers and this puts more pressure on Boat, leading to bad shots by Boat and by everyone on the perimeter as defenses don't have to rotate out to him so they stick closer to the shooters. The dribble off the foot was a real killer and led to a Cincy score.
His 4 pts came on drives right to basket. Did his 4 assists bounce of his feet and to people who scored? Rebound with his feet?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
His 4 pts came on drives right to basket. Did his 4 assists bounce of his feet and to people who scored? Rebound with his feet?
So, just how many guys did he make better? Your setting a low bar here. Wow, two layups? Good thing
Wade is getting old. By the way how many turnovers? How many of his assists were Boatright jumpers on the perimeter where anyone standing on the perimeter could have made that pass. Four rebounds? How many of them were because Brimah and Facey can't rebound. The ball has to go somewhere. Boatright was tripled teamed most of the game. TSam was the main reason why. Give TSam a couple of layups but don't let Boat go off for thirty.

Reaction Score
TSam is a Div 1 guard playing on an elite team. Thrust into the role or not, guards should be able to dribble reliably (and effectively pass) at this level. Its why they are offered a scholarship.

Reaction Score
So if he's not a point guard, then what is he? Every recruiting publication listed him as a point. But he doesn't have the handle, vision, or understanding to be a point. And he certainly doesn't have the shot to be a 2. Not trying to level on the kid as he does play very hard. But I don't get the "he's playing a role he wasn't supposed to play" talk. What role did you envision?

Reaction Score
So if he's not a point guard, then what is he? Every recruiting publication listed him as a point. But he doesn't have the handle, vision, or understanding to be a point. And he certainly doesn't have the shot to be a 2. Not trying to level on the kid as he does play very hard. But I don't get the "he's playing a role he wasn't supposed to play" talk. What role did you envision?

At the beginning of the season I envisioned him as a 10-15 minutes a game off the bench guy to speed up the game by getting into people on defense and attacking the rim on offense, and to help Boat with ballhandling. He'd be ok in that role. Unfortunately, he's not ready to play 27 minutes like last night because his offensive flaws give other teams way too much freedom on defense.

Reaction Score
Last year TSam was critical in our drive to the title. Bazz got him the ball where he could penetrate and the defense was focused on our 3 point shooters, remember we had 3 of them? Now as a point, his handle is so so and he can't shoot from the perimeter, so he don't look so good. Good defender. The talent around him was why he could be effective last year, this year not so much. You may ask as I do shouldn't a point guard be able to shoot at least some? Yes, but he can't and we did get a banner from his help last year. I like the kid and his effort but he's limited.

Reaction Score
Last year TSam was critical in our drive to the title. Bazz got him the ball where he could penetrate and the defense was focused on our 3 point shooters, remember we had 3 of them? Now as a point, his handle is so so and he can't shoot from the perimeter, so he don't look so good. Good defender. The talent around him was why he could be effective last year, this year not so much. You may ask as I do shouldn't a point guard be able to shoot at least some? Yes, but he can't and we did get a banner from his help last year. I like the kid and his effort but he's limited.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fair and well stated on TSam

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
C'mon people
We're killing TSam here, other links are killing Boat, killing DHam, AB, RP, KO the list goes on.
TSam was more effective last year because the supporting cast was stronger in the areas of experience (you cant teach that), skill and bb IQ.
Everyone this year would be shining better if they had a compliment of players as last year.
Some years are going to be down due to injuries, a downsize in talent and experience, etc.
Instead of killing players I think it would be positive if people looked at this realistically. It's a young and inexperienced team. Sure, everyone had high hopes that RP was going to be the real Ferrari, DHam was going to come in and be a 1st team AA and leave, P Nolan was bigger, stronger, and faster, Boat was going to be the reincarnation of Kemba and Bazz (yet without the benefit of a like supporting cast). Dreams and reality are two very different things.
I was hoping that RP and DHam were going to be the difference but as I see now, both need adjustments in play, habits and in some cases - attitudes.
I am sure the team is frustrated and I really hope they don't read the crap floating here in the BY.
Yesterday some dolt on the chat was saying he wasn't bashing but merely criticizing.
If your boss sits with you and criticizing every move you make, is that going to be taken by you as a positive thing and the thought of him "bashing" you will never enter your thoughts?
These kids are making mistakes and some are not as polished now (and may never be) as Kemba, Bazz, Giffs, Okafor, KA, Ben etc.
Because KO doesn't get up and scream and hollar he all of a sudden doesn't care, has his mind elsewhere, isn't the coach we thought he was. That's plain BS. I am sure GMs in the league and ADs throughout the country think to the contrary.
I am by no means an expert but I have coaching experience of over 20 years covering youth thru Olympic Development on both the male and female side.
UConn men's bball has given us 4 National Championships in 16 years. What other program on the men's side can compare? I'm enjoying the ride. KO has had a taste - do you honestly think he doesn't want to stay at that level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom