How many teams could win it all? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many teams could win it all?

How many teams have a decent shot at winning the NC?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 19 14.0%

Votes: 65 47.8%

Votes: 34 25.0%

Votes: 8 5.9%

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • >12

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
A number of the top seeds could be upset along the way, as has happened in the past. But, the winning under dog teams would not have much chance of winning the title against whichever of the top teams they would face.. So, I am guessing 3 upsets of the top 7 before the final four- so 4 teams.

Then again, since I don't know which top team will be upset. That really still leaves 7 nor more. So, I guess my logic is flawed.

So, my real prediction is that a number of the top seeded teams, perhaps even a majority, will be upset before the final four.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I dont think there will be anytime soon an '85 Villanova or the Butler team that almost beat Duke in the title game on the women's side. Talent is not as widespread & much more concentrated among a few teams for a true underdog to win 6 games in a row on the women's side.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Interesting to read these answers. I haven't seen Louisville play this year and was wondering how much to worry if seeds hold and Stanford faces them in the regional final. They trounced Stanford three years ago when the teams last met. Of course both teams were very different then!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn wins it all. To many teams are lacking to much. Some teams dont have good ball handlers except for their guards. Some teams missing height. Some teams have one good player. Some teams dont play defense and just run and gun. Some teams dont play defense. Some teams dont have a go to player. Some teams lack discipline. Yeah some team can get hot but for how long? One game or two. When the pressure is on you need players who want the ball and some teams lack that. UConn has it all so I pick them to win it all.

Reaction Score
Interesting to read these answers. I haven't seen Louisville play this year and was wondering how much to worry if seeds hold and Stanford faces them in the regional final. They trounced Stanford three years ago when the teams last met. Of course both teams were very different then!
Alas, Louisville is not a Final Four team this season. I'll be happy if they make it to the Elite Eight, but I'm not counting on that.

Reaction Score
Dana can't beat Stanford by herself. That's my issue with Louisville in the dance. I have only watched them twice this year and both times Dana Evans was a one woman show. She needs a lot more help than what she has been getting from her team.

In some games, the same could probably be said for Paige, but nowhere near the same extent. Especially latter part of season, pressure has been off Paige as other players (CW, AE, ONO, AG) have really stepped up.

Reaction Score
Correct answer is 5. UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Baylor and Oregon. And I am willing to bet on it. I take those 5 and you get the rest of the field.

In fact, I will give 3 to 1 odds.

Reaction Score
This is the tournament year where nothing is predictable, especially the "chalk" talk.

Reaction Score
Correct answer is 5. UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Baylor and Oregon. And I am willing to bet on it. I take those 5 and you get the rest of the field.

In fact, I will give 3 to 1 odds.
Have you seen Oregon recently? Do you know they're without their best player?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom