How many started the last game in '13 and '14? | The Boneyard

How many started the last game in '13 and '14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are 6 UConn players that started against SMU and also started against Memphis last year, 4 on offense and 2 on defense. (Mateas, Davis, Claxx (actually Walsh started, but Claxx was on the 2 deep), Foxx, Campenni, and Adams.)

As for the 2 deep, 19 out of the 44 two deep spots against Memphis were on the 2 deep against SMU. (9 on offense and 10 on defense.) There was one player, Mateas, who was on the 2 deep against Memphis that was on the 2 deep for offensive linemen and tight ends against SMU. One of the offensive power players! These numbers are unheard of in college football.

To injury, UConn lost from the Memphis 2013 two deep: Paull, Gifford, Cochran, Pruitt, Jones, Melifomwu. Among them, our best QB, our best OT, best DE, best CB, best safety. To suspension or left team: Hemingway, Norris, McCombs, Ashiru, Clark.

I don't like Diaco's press conferences and I really wish he would stop being a philosopher, but he has had to deal with an inexperienced and depleted roster this year. This is a major rebuilding process.

We have to be patient and support the program. That said, Diaco needs to prove that he is the right guy to fix the program and we need to see major improvement next year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Fair points.

Honestly, I think if Diaco had just stuck with 1 QB, not made basic errors in clock management and limited his scrimmage like approach to these games (i.e. Not playing Davis on big downs to rotate players, the right hash fg) I think we would all feel a lot better.

Every reasonable fan gave him a pass on the record this season ( as unacceptable as some of the losses were).

He faced a huge challenge and while I disagree with a lot of what he's doing, we have no choice but to hope on nothing but blind faith it will pay off.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
There are 6 UConn players that started against SMU and also started against Memphis last year, 4 on offense and 2 on defense. (Mateas, Davis, Claxx (actually Walsh started, but Claxx was on the 2 deep), Foxx, Campenni, and Adams.)

As for the 2 deep, 19 out of the 44 two deep spots against Memphis were on the 2 deep against SMU. (9 on offense and 10 on defense.) There was one player, Mateas, who was on the 2 deep against Memphis that was on the 2 deep for offensive linemen and tight ends against SMU. One of the offensive power players! These numbers are unheard of in college football.

To injury, UConn lost from the Memphis 2013 two deep: Paull, Gifford, Cochran, Pruitt, Jones, Melifomwu. Among them, our best QB, our best OT, best DE, best CB, best safety. To suspension or left team: Hemingway, Norris, McCombs, Ashiru, Clark.

I don't like Diaco's press conferences and I really wish he would stop being a philosopher, but he has had to deal with an inexperienced and depleted roster this year. This is a major rebuilding process.

We have to be patient and support the program. That said, Diaco needs to prove that he is the right guy to fix the program and we need to see major improvement next year.

We lost to SMU.

What do facts have to do with that? We need to have a tantrum. That is the only thing that will make things better. A tantrum over a press conference.

Reaction Score
What about if everyone comes back. What would next year's starters and 2 deep look like vs this year?

It really is an amazing turnaround. On offense, 8/11 starters, 17/22 on 2 deep. On defense, 9/11 starters and 19/22 on 2 deep.

The key to next year is the QB position.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think it all comes down to Sherriffs and Davis. If either one can step up and play a competent QB, the turnaround will be a lot quicker than expected.

If it's more of the same of what we've see the past decade we are screwed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Maybe he brings in a fifth year senior at quarterback or a JUCO. I didn't think that was possible but after this year anything is possible.

Let's hope he finishes strong on recruiting the next month in a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom