How many scholarships are available for 24-25? | The Boneyard

How many scholarships are available for 24-25?

Reaction Score
I am seeing a lot of great players being discussed and a lot of interest in UCONN.... and with Cooper Flagg, (Who I really want to see be a Husky) possibly reclassifying to the class of 24.... I want to make sure we have room for him on the team. So besides Newton and Spencer who are graduate students... there is Diarra and Hurley who are Seniors... but because of Covid... can't they both come back for another year..... and is Hurley a scholarship or still a walk on??

I would hate to see Karaban or Clingan leave after next year..... while both probably could, I would love to see them get a third year in.... so how many openings are left?

Reaction Score
I am seeing a lot of great players being discussed and a lot of interest in UCONN.... and with Cooper Flagg, (Who I really want to see be a Husky) possibly reclassifying to the class of 24.... I want to make sure we have room for him on the team. So besides Newton and Spencer who are graduate students... there is Diarra and Hurley who are Seniors... but because of Covid... can't they both come back for another year..... and is Hurley a scholarship or still a walk on??

I would hate to see Karaban or Clingan leave after next year..... while both probably could, I would love to see them get a third year in.... so how many openings are left?
Go find the scholarship grid

Reaction Score

Between transfers and seniors, there's no reason to worry about scholly #s. It always works out.

Reaction Score
All current NCAA Division I student-athletes who are on a year-to-year scholarship and all NCAA Division II scholarship student-athletes are to be notified no later than July 1 whether their scholarship is being reduced or not renewed for the upcoming year.

Just like the portal allows players to bolt, this allows schools to nudge out players before July 1. Seems fair both sides get to make annual decisions.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No one knows for sure.

In theory you can have 100% turnover every season.

Reaction Score
Confused Excuse Me GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

Reaction Score
1) One unused scholly right now
2) Newton's last year of eligibility
3) Spencer's last year of eligibility

Those 3 are obviously locks

Probable openings:
4) Clingan projected lottery pick
5) Castle projected lottery pick

So more than likely 5 openings as of now (one already taken) and likely a 6th opening for one surprise departure, there is usually at least one surprise. (Alleyne this year)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1) One unused scholly right now
2) Newton's last year of eligibility
3) Spencer's last year of eligibility

Those 3 are obviously locks

Probable openings:
4) Clingan projected lottery pick
5) Castle projected lottery pick

So more than likely 5 openings as of now (one already taken) and likely a 6th opening for one surprise departure, there is usually at least one surprise. (Alleyne this year)
What about Diarra?

Reaction Score

One guy you're talking about won't play for UConn a third season and there will always be room for Flagg.

Scholarships were never an issue in the past they aren't even a thought in this day and age.

Reaction Score

Hurley’s obviously a walk on. Even if he started and averaged 25 ppg he would still be a walk on if we needed the scholarship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom