How many redshirt frosh in 2015? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many redshirt frosh in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"We don't redshirt" - Urban Meyer. And he says he stole from Pete Carroll, who said "we don't red shirt guys here". Both coaches redshirted players. Both known by the General college football public to be huge scum bags. You think if these guys say that to a 17 year old the kid is not thinking that I will be playing year 1? I know he goes on to say that it's not "his mindset" to red shirt guys, but it's very clear he's using "we don't red shirt" as a quoteable phrase to attract recruits

"So I was disappointed that they didn't play more their first year, because there was a handful of those guys that redshirted and some of those guys won't be here for their fifth year, so we screwed up. We didn't get another year out of them.” - Urban Meyer

"When they are here, we don't say, ‘We are going to save you and let you mature a little bit.' That used to be a big deal in college football." - Urban Meyer

"It's not like we are going to say, ‘Hey, let's save them for the '17 year and let's have a heck of a year.’ You can't do that now, because they are all gone, any ways, after three. If you're a great player, you're gone, so play them. If they are not good enough, don't play them." - Urban Meyer.

A "quoteable phrase to attract recruits." ??? So you're saying Urban does a lot of his recruiting by feeding manipulative quotes to www.coachingsearch.com. Um, okay, sure.

Some people understand the context of statements. Some people dig themselves in a hole, and then just keep digging. It's very clear that he's telling recruits "we don't redshirt... [kids that are ready to play]" to attract recruits. And his actions show that.

Reaction Score
"So I was disappointed that they didn't play more their first year, because there was a handful of those guys that redshirted and some of those guys won't be here for their fifth year, so we screwed up. We didn't get another year out of them.” - Urban Meyer

"When they are here, we don't say, ‘We are going to save you and let you mature a little bit.' That used to be a big deal in college football." - Urban Meyer

"It's not like we are going to say, ‘Hey, let's save them for the '17 year and let's have a heck of a year.’ You can't do that now, because they are all gone, any ways, after three. If you're a great player, you're gone, so play them. If they are not good enough, don't play them." - Urban Meyer.

A "quoteable phrase to attract recruits." ??? So you're saying Urban does a lot of his recruiting by feeding manipulative quotes to www.coachingsearch.com. Um, okay, sure.

Some people understand the context of statements. Some people dig themselves in a hole, and then just keep digging. It's very clear that he's telling recruits "we don't redshirt... [kids that are ready to play]" to attract recruits. And his actions show that.

If you think that him going into every recruits living room and telling them that they are going to play as freshman isn't manipulative, then I just don't agree with you, and I am entitled to my opinion. He can target guys that he thinks will be able to play right away, but there is no way for him to know that. "we don't Redshirt" is a false tag line. They do red shirt guys if they are not ready to play. I just don't agree with you, and I do think that everything that comes out of his mouth is a recruiting pitch, even to coachingsearch.com.

Reaction Score
If you think that him going into every recruits living room and telling them that they are going to play as freshman isn't manipulative, then I just don't agree with you, and I am entitled to my opinion.

I missed the part where he says he walks into every recruits living room and tells them they are going to play as freshman.

Oh you made that up? Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. The only way to support your opinion is by adding words to his quotes and fabricating a reality where you're present at every in-home visit he makes. The only way to support my opinion is to take the entirety of the context of his quotes, and then look at his roster which reflects the actions that back up his words.

Reaction Score
I missed the part where he says he walks into every recruits living room and tells them they are going to play as freshman.

Oh you made that up? Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. The only way to support your opinion is by adding words to his quotes and fabricating a reality where you're present at every in-home visit he makes. The only way to support my opinion is to take the entirety of the context of his quotes, and then look at his roster which reflects the actions that back up his words.

Does he or does he not say "we don't red shirt"? Does he red shirt players?

You're an @#$hole.

Reaction Score
Does he or does he not say "we don't red shirt"? Does he red shirt players?

You're an @#$hole.

Do you, or do you not understand the meaning of the word "context"?

Yes, I'm an @#$hole, it's a character flaw I'm working on. I prefer it over being a moron though. Damnit, there I go again.

Reaction Score
Do you, or do you not understand the meaning of the word "context"?

Yes, I'm an @#$hole, it's a character flaw I'm working on. I prefer it over being a moron though. Damnit, there I go again.

You're not wrong here Wing but man, taking up for that sleazebag Meyer? That's your hill to die on?

Reaction Score
You're not wrong here Wing but man, taking up for that sleazebag Meyer? That's your hill to die on?

I prefer to go after people for what they do wrong, not what they do right.

Reaction Score
Based off roster and participation chart - I got Atkins, Briley, Britton, Gallaer, Lawley, Moore, Oak, Thompson and R. Williams (includes walk-ons).

trying to get back on point and away from the my dad is bigger than your dad portion of the thread (by the way, the article was, "we don't want to redshirt guys") .....

in order to do this, you have to look at the last 2 classes, not just the new kids in 14. For example, a kid like Kyle Schaf burned his RS in 13 but regained it in 14. They tried to do the same with hadley, until injuries forced their hand. We may see more kids with lower leg injuries in 15 in an effort to regain a year or perhaps an attempt at spacing (e.g., we will have 3 2d year RBs on roster)

Reaction Score
trying to get back on point and away from the my dad is bigger than your dad portion of the thread (by the way, the article was, "we don't want to redshirt guys") .....

in order to do this, you have to look at the last 2 classes, not just the new kids in 14. For example, a kid like Kyle Schaf burned his RS in 13 but regained it in 14. They tried to do the same with hadley, until injuries forced their hand. We may see more kids with lower leg injuries in 15 in an effort to regain a year or perhaps an attempt at spacing (e.g., we will have 3 2d year RBs on roster)

My dad would definitely kick WingU-Conn's dad's @ss. COME SEE ME IN HOBOKEN BRO

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
This reminds me of......
Board Member 1: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Rachel Phelps: The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.

Board Member 2: This guy here is dead!

Rachel Phelps: Cross him off, then!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This reminds me of.
Board Member 1: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Rachel Phelps: The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.

Board Member 2: This guy here is dead!

Rachel Phelps: Cross him off, then!
Pepper: Wish we had him 2 years ago.

Donovan: We did.

Pepper: 4 years then.

This quote could be applied to PP if you change the 4 to 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom