How many NBA players do we have on our roster this year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How many NBA players do we have on our roster this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clingan will probably be drafted but not high and he’ll have a limited career. He is a 1980s NBA prototype center. The game has moved away from that type of player. Same as the Purdue guy except he is a little more skilled.
1699456317809.png

Reaction Score
We have a lot of guys that will make their living playing basketball but I think only two sure fire NBA players. Clingan and Castle. To me Samson and Alex are polar opposites. Alex is extremely skilled but lacks NBA athleticism. Samson has the size and athleticism but not the skill.

Reaction Score
Depends on what we mean by "NBA players." Jerome Dyson got a cup of coffee in the NBA, but I wouldn't call him an "NBA player."

If you limit it to guys who are drafted, get a full NBA (not 2-way) contract, and play at least 82 games, I would say:

• Clingan
  • Castle (probably late 1st round either this year or next)
  • Karaban (might be a little overrated here in terms of NBA appeal -- he might have the biggest gap between effectiveness in CBB and desirability by NBA GMs, but I think he gets there)

I think Newton falls just short, maybe plays a few games here or there, but likely goes overseas. Samson Johnson has been all potential for years; if I'm a betting man, I say he doesn't put it together enough, and he's already 21 years old, not gonna get drafted on "potential."

I need to see more from the other freshmen to say one way or another.
Castle is not going late first round. This draft is really poor and he has many of the intangibles that are enticing to teams. He’s gonna improve heaps over the next few months.

Reaction Score
From a completely unbiased standpoint, Castle and Clingan are lottery picks on pretty much every national media publication I have seen. So definitely 2, and then after that I think Karaban, Stewart, Johnson and Ball all have a chance but not a high one, I bet we get 1 NBA player out of that group of 4 and I personally think Ball has the highest upside but all of them probably have between a 10% and 50% chance of making the NBA

Reaction Score
It's too early to talk about the NBA. Surely many of them will succeed. I would very much like to see Apostolos with more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom