How many more shots do the Sox give Wake to win 200? | The Boneyard

How many more shots do the Sox give Wake to win 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
is this his 5th or 6th attempt to win #200 in a Sox uniform? blasted for 8 runs in 4 innings? he reminds me of Varitek in a way - people said "sure tek's a liability but he calls a great game". they always seem to say "Wake can eat up innings tho".

yeah, so what? if he's a guaranteed loss every time he steps on the mound, how much longer can they continue to give him the ball? on the other hand, are there even any other choices?

Reaction Score
How many more shots to the Yankees give Burnett, he is just awful.

Reaction Score
Wakefield will get all the tries it takes until the end of the season. Felger and Mazz were talking about it today on the Sportshub - the Sox will keep him and Miller in the rotation just to give their starters extra days of rest so they are fresh for the post season. There's no doubt about it now, both the Sox and Yankees are making the playoffs - and they just crushed Texas in Texas...so they are more comfortable in whichever opponent they get.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wakefield will get all the tries it takes until the end of the season. Felger and Mazz were talking about it today on the Sportshub - the Sox will keep him and Miller in the rotation just to give their starters extra days of rest so they are fresh for the post season. There's no doubt about it now, both the Sox and Yankees are making the playoffs - and they just crushed Texas in Texas...so they are more comfortable in whichever opponent they get.
true that makes sense. i don't mind Miller - he's had some good performances punctuated with some not so good but i don't think Wake has had a good performance for the past 6-7 games.

course there was one game where he had only given up 1 run going into the 7th and instead of removing him, he was left in and promptly gave up 6 runs or something. but yeah ur right. my question was more rhetorical as i know they aren't changing their rotation till the playoffs...

Reaction Score
true that makes sense. i don't mind Miller - he's had some good performances punctuated with some not so good but i don't think Wake has had a good performance for the past 6-7 games.

course there was one game where he had only given up 1 run going into the 7th and instead of removing him, he was left in and promptly gave up 6 runs or something. but yeah ur right. my question was more rhetorical as i know they aren't changing their rotation till the playoffs...

While Wake hasn't exactly had one of his great games where he shuts down the opposition for 7 or 8 innings, he has had the lead in 4 of the 7 tries when they took him out of the game, so bullpen blew it for him and he hasn't had a great deal of run support. Now 10 plus run outbust that would have secured the win in any of those appearances sans yesterday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wake will get a few more shots due to the schedule. He hasn't really stunk it up before the other day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i don't mind Miller - he's had some good performances punctuated with some not so good ...

Miller is all about the BB's. If he's not walking people he can really help you.

Reaction Score

I can tolerate Wakefield going out there but I have had it with Lackey. He has been consistent but has been consistently mediocre. In his last 7 starts he is averaging a little over six innings per start, 8 hits and over four runs. His ERA is over five. His longest outing is 7 innings, his shortest is 5 2/3. The most runs he has given up is 5 and the least is 3. Plus he shows his teammates up with his body language whenever there is an error behind him. IMHO he definitely threw at Cervelli last night. It was clearly ego driven without regard for the winning the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom