How many minutes will Kiah get tonight? | The Boneyard

How many minutes will Kiah get tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would say 6 - 8. Less if SD is playing really well.

Reaction Score
minimum of 13. Geno has been playing Step and her together the las tfew games. Gives him an extra body on the rotation.

Reaction Score
minimum of 13. Geno has been playing Step and her together the las tfew games. Gives him an extra body on the rotation.
Yes, I'd like to see that.

Reaction Score
I think you are right. When I posted this I was only thinking of Steph resting time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Steff and Kiah duo seems a work-in-progress. With ND playing 4-guards, don't see much of a call for it tonight.

Reaction Score
I think even Heather will get a few minutes tonight mainly because of the altitude in Denver.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
18-20. She gives Stef some rest plus they play together. Kiah can guard the ND players plus shut down the lane without fouling. She can be a real key tonight. Even as a frosh, she gives us an option we did not have last year.

Reaction Score
It depends on how many fouls Steph and others get, and how well Uconn rebounds without her.

My guess is she will get 12-15 minutes if it is a normal game without heavy fouls.

Reaction Score

Kiah won't get 13 minutes unless Stef and/or Kelly is in significant foul trouble. Last game
It is an off thing, but I think we should actually be hoping Kiah doesn't play much. If she's playing a lot something is going very wrong for UConn. Either foul trouble or Notre Dame is killing on us the boards. Kiah is incredibly important to the team because without her playing well UConn has no alternative if things go wrong, but that important doesn't necessarily translate to minutes if everything is going to plan. In the game UConn won against Notre Dame Kiah played 4 minutes. Now maybe she plays so great that Geno leaves her on the floor, but Geno has typically kept her minutes under 10 in competitive game because he prefers having Stef and 4 guards on the court.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Kiah played very little in the last ND game because she was confused and out of position in the minutes that she did play. Stef played far too much and was sucking wind even at sea level. Kiah needs to play more, and play better, in this game. She has played many minutes in some competitive games such as Duke and St Johns, and that is what we need today.

Reaction Score
Kiah will play as many minutes as Geno thinks he needs her, foul trouble or not. She has shown some growth late in the season, both in rebounding and blocking shots. If ND is killing us on the boards, you might see her in to help with rebounding.

How much the refs blow or don't blow their whistles, and when, and how the call goes when NN throws herself - er, drives - into the lane, might have the biggest impact. If the refs call it correctly more than they don't, I like our chances. If the refs fall for the flopperoo, it will be a long night and Kiah will need to play big.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
wait....is this like how many posts does it take to change a lightbulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom