How many losses will UCONN have in 2014-15? | The Boneyard

How many losses will UCONN have in 2014-15?

How many losses will UCONN have in 2014-15?

Votes: 70 68.6%

Votes: 19 18.6%

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 4+

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How many losses do you think UCONN will have next year? My guess is another undefeated season...anytime UCONN has the most talented team in the nation, they've won a championship going undefeated or 1 loss (2000.) Considering the talent they have returning vs. the rest of the nation, I just don't see anyone keeping up with UCONN again this season, so my vote is 0.

Reaction Score
Who's the joker that guessed 4+. Seems like a fairly indefensible position. Anything is possible, but the possibility of 4+ losses seems very low. Guessing it might be the OP. Either way whoever guessed the 4+ should defend that position so they can be judged and of course mocked. :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
who started this blasphemy? to the woodshed with ye!!!!! :confused:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Seriously...guessing this number at this point is on the same level as claiming to be able to guess the number of raindrops that fall within a New York city block in midtown during a 10 minute late afternoon (sudden start/stop) torrential rainstorm while waiting for the subway drinking a cup half full of cold bitter coffee bought 6 hours ago from a bagel vendor on a street three and a half blocks away AND playing Angry Birds on an iPhone you had thought that you lost a month ago but unearthed from a pile of dirty laundry that morning whilst searching for your "favorite" tie that you hadn't seen for TWO months and insisted "enough is enough" and set about yesterday determined to find it OR ELSE......

...where was I?

Reaction Score
Who's the joker that guessed 4+. Seems like a fairly indefensible position. Anything is possible, but the possibility of 4+ losses seems very low. Guessing it might be the OP. Either way whoever guessed the 4+ should defend that position so they can be judged and of course mocked. :)

Actually, now there are 2 votes for 4+ losses ! Hmmmm..... It seems to me that this is similar to voting in Virginia where Democrats can vote in Republican primaries ( and vice versa ) . Could some of our "visitors" really believe that UConn will lose more than 4 games this year or are these votes from our fans ?
Probably just wishful thinking from the former.

Reaction Score
Seriously...guessing this number at this point is on the same level as claiming to be able to guess the number of raindrops that fall within a New York city block in midtown during a 10 minute late afternoon (sudden start/stop) torrential rainstorm while waiting for the subway drinking a cup half full of cold bitter coffee bought 6 hours ago from a bagel vendor on a street three and a half blocks away AND playing Angry Birds on an iPhone you had thought that you lost a month ago but unearthed from a pile of dirty laundry that morning whilst searching for your "favorite" tie that you hadn't seen for TWO months and insisted "enough is enough" and set about yesterday determined to find it OR ELSE.

...where was I?

2,387,472,001 +/- 3

Reaction Score
2 billion? Seriously?

There would be slightly over 1,100,000,000 raindrops if an inch of rain fell over an acre of land. That is factual. The rest I made up ! :)

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
hoop team.jpg

I predict zero losses.
I also predict #10 will lead his team in rebounding...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

They must be lurkers from ND, NC, Duke and/or Tenn.
Don't mock them. My advice is to always let ignorance go unanswered. It's the best advice my father ever gave me.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
a better poll would be how many close games will there be ? games decided by 10 points or less
How many were there during this past year? I don't remember any victories by less than 10 points.

I am starting to think that next year's team will be better than the 2013-14 team, chiefly because Morgan will return and the effective bench will extend beyond one player. That assumes that everyone is healthy and that at least two of the four freshmen somewhat live up to their press releases.

Reaction Score
How many were there during this past year? I don't remember any victories by less than 10 points.

I am starting to think that next year's team will be better than the 2013-14 team, chiefly because Morgan will return and the effective bench will extend beyond one player. That assumes that everyone is healthy and that at least two of the four freshmen somewhat live up to their press releases.

you are right, Baylor lost by 11, and Texas A+M lost by 15. I guess a 15 point loss would be a moral victory.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I chose 0 losses because our competition is weaker and we still have a very strong nucleus. I believe Stewart and KML can out score our opponents themselves.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the Maya years, my standard pick was 0-1. I'll go with that again. If we're reasonably healthy, I think 0.

That's crazy--but not wrong--to think that we could have 6 undefeated seasons and counting, while the rest of WCBB combined has 3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
a better poll would be how many close games will there be ? games decided by 10 points or less
That's a tougher question, but the answer may be the same: 0.

Number of potentially competitive games, counting the post-season, 8-10. Number of actually competitive: about half that.

Reaction Score
If Morgan and Gabby are healthy, with an injury/illness free season from the big 3 and they will be unbeaten.

Reaction Score
I voted 0, as IMHO UCONN is the only one that could beat UCONN! If they can remain healthy no one should be within 10-15 points of them! I found out in coaching 32 years of HS Wrestling here in CT you shouldn't plan ahead, but with the UCONN Huskies WBB the program works so damn hard and the coaching staff won't let the girls think more than the present game, not ahead!
I start each season hoping that if they can go injury & sickness free and let the chips fall where they may! If they win it all fine and if they don't someone had to play one hell of a game to beat them and deserved it!
With the 2 upcoming recruiting classes being so outstanding the future could be unbelievable!
Somewhere down the road this all may end but for now lets just enjoy the ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom