How Many Games... | The Boneyard

How Many Games...

Reaction Score
Over the last few seasons have you felt yourself going into with nothing to grasp onto other than blind faith that we'll win? As a fan I've found that every game we go into against a decent opponent, there is NOTHING tangible to cite as a reason why we have a shot at winning.

However, I find myself continually believing we'll win off the arbitrary hope that we're 'UConn.' At this point, the product on the court is UConn no longer. Any belief we'll be competitive at a high level with the current coach/system/roster is just pathological. It's crazy to me that many of us were able to keep hope for so long with no real improvement or justification for believing in some of these teams.

At some point it just becomes maniacal to have any optimism with the current coaching staff and system in place. Everyone in the program is equally to blame. It's time for a change.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I watched Syracuse-Maryland and then Syracuse-Kansas and listened to the announcers talking about how SU was struggling to score...and I knew during those games that they would murder us.

That’s the worst part. I knew a week ago we had no shot here. The only surprise was that we opened at +5 and not +8.

You can look at the big games on the schedule and know that UConn won’t be ready for them, that they’ll go down big early and then either make a tepid ‘rally’ that goes no where or just fold up entirely.

Something’s gotta change.

Reaction Score
You have Auburn, AZ, Villanova, 2 Wichita State, 2 Cincinnati ahead. Those 7 games will all be disasters. Throw in a few losses to a few of the good middle of the pack AAC teams and .500 is going to be a stretch. This team is a lot worse than last year’s team. How many of us miss Purvis Facey and Brimah, now?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
You have Auburn, AZ, Villanova, 2 Wichita State, 2 Cincinnati ahead. Those 7 games will all be disasters. Throw in a few losses to a few of the good middle of the pack AAC teams and .500 is going to be a stretch. This team is a lot worse than last year’s team. How many of us miss Purvis Facey and Brimah, now?
I think we will be more consistent in beating the teams we are supposed to but 18 wins in the regular season will be a massive disappointment.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Over the last few seasons have you felt yourself going into with nothing to grasp onto other than blind faith that we'll win? As a fan I've found that every game we go into against a decent opponent, there is NOTHING tangible to cite as a reason why we have a shot at winning.

However, I find myself continually believing we'll win off the arbitrary hope that we're 'UConn.' At this point, the product on the court is UConn no longer. Any belief we'll be competitive at a high level with the current coach/system/roster is just pathological. It's crazy to me that many of us were able to keep hope for so long with no real improvement or justification for believing in some of these teams.

At some point it just becomes maniacal to have any optimism with the current coaching staff and system in place. Everyone in the program is equally to blame. It's time for a change.
Comes down to building an identity. Some teams know they can beat you with D. Some know they can hit enough 3s to beat you. Some teams know rebounding is the key. Some teams know it’s all about transition. We don’t do anything well enough to expect to win.

Reaction Score
How many of us miss Purvis Facey and Brimah, now?[/QUOTE]
No one misses those guys. Love their dedication to the program and commitment but aside from Facey, didn’t see any improvement in 3years from them.

They’ll get a standing ovation from husky nation at any event, and all appreciate what they gave us

But to imply we’d be in better shape with them after they didn’t improve AT ALL for 3 years is a joke

Reaction Score
How many of us miss Purvis Facey and Brimah, now?
No one misses those guys. Love their dedication to the program and commitment but aside from Facey, didn’t see any improvement in 3years from them.

They’ll get a standing ovation from husky nation at any event, and all appreciate what they gave us

But to imply we’d be in better shape with them after they didn’t improve AT ALL for 3 years is a joke[/QUOTE]
Hate to see this but having AB inside would have deterred that charity line inside in the first half. That was just awful D from a UCONN team.

Reaction Score

But to imply we’d be in better shape with them after they didn’t improve AT ALL for 3 years is a joke
Hate to see this but having AB inside would have deterred that charity line inside in the first half. That was just awful D from a UCONN team.[/QUOTE]
AB would have had 6 turnovers on dropped passes, 4 fouls, and unless dham was throwing him an alley - zero points in 23min. Dude was the worst rebound per inch player in history

Again, love his approach and dedication. He will always get love from husky nation. But he was no Shaq

Reaction Score
Hate to see this but having AB inside would have deterred that charity line inside in the first half. That was just awful D from a UCONN team.
AB would have had 6 turnovers on dropped passes, 4 fouls, and unless dham was throwing him an alley - zero points in 23min. Dude was the worst rebound per inch player in history

Again, love his approach and dedication. He will always get love from husky nation. But he was no Shaq[/QUOTE]
Wow yeah like we rebounded so much better today. LOL!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Again, love his approach and dedication. He will always get love from husky nation. But he was no Shaq[/QUOTE]

Do you realize there is some daylight between those two options?

It's been amazing watching people make up fictionalized scouting reports of Brimah from the past 3 years. Sure, I get that the fact that he wasn't Thabeet 2.0 really messed you up emotionally, but come on.

Reaction Score
I watched Syracuse-Maryland and then Syracuse-Kansas and listened to the announcers talking about how SU was struggling to score...and I knew during those games that they would murder us.

That’s the worst part. I knew a week ago we had no shot here. The only surprise was that we opened at +5 and not +8.

You can look at the big games on the schedule and know that UConn won’t be ready for them, that they’ll go down big early and then either make a tepid ‘rally’ that goes no where or just fold up entirely.

AND FAST

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

And most or all were Freshman on the court. That is scary.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Ok...?

But why are you hedging? Disingenuously if I may say so.

Reaction Score

When I saw Cuse last week I knew there was trouble with their size, rebounding and putbacks. At times with Jalen, Anderson and Vital out there all we could do was pass it around the perimeter until someone drove and threw up a prayer. And the’re no great team but when you can rebound you can be in games. If we shoot the lights out we can hang in some of those future games but that ain’t our strength either.

Reaction Score
How many of us miss Purvis Facey and Brimah, now?

But to imply we’d be in better shape with them after they didn’t improve AT ALL for 3 years is a joke[/QUOTE]
I miss those guys. If Facey had redshirted and could play this year, things would be a lot different.

Reaction Score
Last year was the first losing season in 3o years. This year could be worse. How you keep a guy around that has destroyed what took decades to build is beyond me. I'd buy all the excuses as to why we are in a hole and that KO should stay if there was one iota of positive development in play. There's nothing, and nothing's changing without change. The best thing AD Dave could do is fire him and send the statement this is a top basketball program and we aren't screwing around with mediocrity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom