How Many Games Will UConn lOSE [Oct. thread]

How Many Games will UConn Lose this Year, including Tournaments

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I voted 3 games. Baylor, @ ND... and either ND again..... or hopefully @ Duke. I didnt read the whole question before i voted.... my votes were based on regular season and Big East tournament.
Thanks for an outside/objective view.

I went with 3 because of Maya's absence. She would have gotten my estimate to 2 or fewer, all on her own.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two more thoughts:

1. Which "problem" would we rather have? A. Tiff is somewhat inconsistent, what will she bring tonight? B. Tiff is gone, how will we replace her? This should be a no-brainer. She has POY talent.

2. Kaleena Lewis lost 7 games in 4 years of high school against absolute top level competition. Sorry, she is not losing 8 games. Not this year. Not in her college career.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My favorites to make the Final 4 would be UCONN, Baylor, and ND. Next best chances are Stanford, Tenn, and TAMU. Sleeper picks are Miami and Duke. Stanford is pretty much already written in for the #1 seed in the West.

Reaction Score
One in December, one in January and one in February, that's it. By then our freshmen will not play like freshmen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Bump. Just a reminder of how folks were viewing this season in October.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Bump. Just a reminder of how folks were viewing this season in October.
Geez, you change your avatar more often than your hairdo (a guess). I miss Pris :(.

Reaction Score
in my original post I said 4-5. I still think that will be the number. Three plus a loss against ND and in the NCAA's. Not a bad result for this team.

Reaction Score
in my original post I said 4-5. I still think that will be the number. Three plus a loss against ND and in the NCAA's. Not a bad result for this team.
One or two loses to ND and NCAA? UCONN will probably play ND two more times before an Elite Eight loss.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I voted 3 games. Baylor, @ ND... and either ND again..... or hopefully @ Duke. I didnt read the whole question before i voted.... my votes were based on regular season and Big East tournament.

:rolleyes: Well.... i was kinda on target.... 3 losses before the NCAA's. That still could happen.

My favorites to make the Final 4 would be UCONN, Baylor, and ND. Next best chances are Stanford, Tenn, and TAMU. Sleeper picks are Miami and Duke. Stanford is pretty much already written in for the #1 seed in the West.

Was totally wrong about TAMU..... injuries to Miami and Duke probably will prevent them from being a sleeper. Was totally right about Stanford.... in fact... I have them penciled in as a #2 seed in the West in 2013, and either a #1 or #2 in the west in 2014 :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So far I'm right on. All we have to do is lose no more games just like Replicant says.

Reaction Score
Including all tournaments, how many games will UConn lose this year?
Thanks for posting this. Should bring everybody back from the ledge. Team seems to be meeting most expectations.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I did not expect last night's loss. I also did not think we would be 0-3 in 50-50 games. I will go out on a limb and say that we beat Pitt and Marquette. Then the number of losses is 3, 4, 5, or 6. Based on last night and lack of improvement in key areas, here are the big hurdles:

Notre Dame regular season

Big East tourney semis and finals

NCAA 3rd or 4th round and later

I had thought that we would make the BE finals and Final Four with near certainty. Now. I am not so sure, especially if we have bad matchups. After last night, I don't think the Hartford or Kingston venues guarantee anything.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I did not expect last night's loss. I also did not think we would be 0-3 in 50-50 games. I will go out on a limb and say that we beat Pitt and Marquette. Then the number of losses is 3, 4, 5, or 6. Based on last night and lack of improvement in key areas, here are the big hurdles:

Notre Dame regular season

Big East tourney semis and finals

NCAA 3rd or 4th round and later

I had thought that we would make the BE finals and Final Four with near certainty. Now. I am not so sure, especially if we have bad matchups. After last night, I don't think the Hartford or Kingston venues guarantee anything.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/mv-QP5zL/the_jumper_jumps/ :cool:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I don't see my vote, but seems I remember I said 4-5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom