How many days will it take to find a OC | The Boneyard

How many days will it take to find a OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Damn this search has been going on way too long. Anyone know what's going on at Uconn right now. There's got to be Someone on here that knows inside info.

Reaction Score
None of your business
If you guys knew so much with what is going on I bet it would have leaked out by now. I'm just wondering it's been 12 days now without a report from uconn

Reaction Score
You have to have over 2002 posts to be able to access the thread in question. Leakers are banned from further posting.

It's rare when you get the chance but you made it laugh out loud funny.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You have to have over 2002 posts to be able to access the thread in question. Leakers are banned from further posting.

And 4000 likes. It would hardly be secret if everyone had access.

Reaction Score
Damn this search has been going on way too long. Anyone know what's going on at Uconn right now. There's got to be Someone on here that knows inside info.

I have no inside info but my guess is no one worth a damn wants to coach this offense under Diaco Bob (purposely reversed the names because it sounds more appropriate). Now they are trying to decide which of the second or third tier "candidates" to hire or whether to stay with the guy who replaced FV. I must admit to a certain morbid curiosity regarding how bad we will be next year.

Reaction Score
Do you know how hard it is to find an offensive coordinator that doesn't believe in the forward pass???? All these young coordinators want to throw the ball all over the lot. Diaco is looking for a coordinator who will run off tackle on 1st and 2nd down and then throw a bubble screen behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd down. Coordinators with that type of acumen don't just grow on trees. They are hard to find.

Reaction Score
Do were know for a fact that a job has been posted and advertised? Did someone post a link? Apologies for not following closely but if that has not been done nothing is happening. Which would suggest that something entirely different might happen.

Reaction Score
By now if it hasn't been posted I would say a coaching change will happen. If the post hasn't been posted it means Benedict said Diaco doesn't have control over this. Uconn is smart because let diaco get the recruits and new guy coach them up.

Reaction Score
By now if it hasn't been posted I would say a coaching change will happen. If the post hasn't been posted it means Benedict said Diaco doesn't have control over this.

It could very easily be that the desired person is not available yet. SH is not hiring the OC.

Reaction Score
By now if it hasn't been posted I would say a coaching change will happen. If the post hasn't been posted it means Benedict said Diaco doesn't have control over this. Uconn is smart because let diaco get the recruits and new guy coach them up.
I disagree...the 2017 AFCS Coaches Convention is in Nashville January 8-11. If there isn't a new OC by the end of that week then there is an issue, Diaco isn't going anywhere unless he negotiates a severance deal and leaves on his own like Tuberville. Benedict was pretty clear about that the week of the Tulane game.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if our new OC is from a staff that was cashiered or is from a successful staff and is looking to move up.

Reaction Score
I just think this is a tough search. It's not easy to find an experienced and good OC without a huge pot of money to pay for him. Plus, Diaco's job is riding on this hire, so he will be very deliberate.

Reaction Score
I disagree...the 2017 AFCS Coaches Convention is in Nashville January 8-11. If there isn't a new OC by the end of that week then there is an issue, Diaco isn't going anywhere unless he negotiates a severance deal and leaves on his own like Tuberville. Benedict was pretty clear about that the week of the Tulane game.
Benedict didn't even talk with anyone he is silent. How can he make things clear. Maybe I'm not reading the right things

Reaction Score
Benedict didn't even talk with anyone he is silent. How can he make things clear. Maybe I'm not reading the right things
He has been pretty clear when asked before season ended that Diaco was staying...he made it pretty clear to @Jarhead_1775 at a hoops game at the XL Center which he started a thread about:
Conversation with Benedict

Reaction Score
Winning cures a lot of ills. I'm quite positive several coaches out there would have negative connotations associated with their names, such as our wacko bob, if not for their success. Saban IS satan, Dabo is a goof ball, Miles is, well he is the mad hatter, and Harbaugh he's just a nut job. You need the results though and when its time to go it's time to go. Few people dig out of the hole BD finds himself in of finding new coordinators due lack of production. Reeks of desperation and I hate to see it. However, all that being said, I think it'd be pretty underhanded to allow a guy he can go find another oc only to fire him on 1/1. Especially a guy who did donate a significant chunk of his own salary to the AD. I don't say that precludes him from being fired, only that it'd be pretty dirty imo to do it in this way. He's coming back next year. I'm bitter now, but come fall I'm pulling for him to beat all odds and come back from being down 0-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom