How many Boneyarders will need therapy after tomorrow’s game ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many Boneyarders will need therapy after tomorrow’s game ?

Reaction Score
Utah State lost many key players from last year. They lost 5 of their top 6 receivers including the top 3 who had 10, 10 and 11 TD receptions last year and 4 of their top 5 tacklers including their sacks leader. They do bring back their starting QB and starting RB from last year, but Utah State could have some growing pains to start the season.
And they replaced the receivers with an Alabama and Maryland transfer. And the backup RB had almost 1k all purpose yards, and they return all five starters on o-line. Our QB is new and has taken either none (ZT) or very few (TR) snaps in a college game.
My point is all teams lose players and have to replace them. We were 1-11 and they were 11-3. No matter how much worse they are, they are likely still better than us. And I’m still counting the minutes until we play.

Reaction Score
I have said it before. I just can not take a total beat down where we look totally overmatched (see game 1 vs Fresno last year). I don’t think it will happen but if it does I think I will be ready for serious therapy (after throwing a chair though my TV).

Reaction Score
Team and coaches seemed relaxed and ready tonight. Sensed no fallout from Spanos being gone.
Interestingly, we’ll have almost a full complement of players on the sideline (many more than the normal 53 who travel.) Mora wants everyone to experience the feeling of being on the sideline during the game— before we get into the meat of the schedule. Evidently our independent status allows us to do it.
There’s a quiet confidence out here. And a sense of calm before “the revolution”!¡

Attachments

• C297B3E1-B440-46A4-86CC-30E9949BAF12.jpeg
    C297B3E1-B440-46A4-86CC-30E9949BAF12.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
  • 3C06808C-2F42-4260-B3E4-43431AF2A622.jpeg
    3C06808C-2F42-4260-B3E4-43431AF2A622.jpeg
    948.9 KB · Views: 100
Reaction Score
And they replaced the receivers with an Alabama and Maryland transfer. And the backup RB had almost 1k all purpose yards, and they return all five starters on o-line. Our QB is new and has taken either none (ZT) or very few (TR) snaps in a college game.
My point is all teams lose players and have to replace them. We were 1-11 and they were 11-3. No matter how much worse they are, they are likely still better than us. And I’m still counting the minutes until we play.
The Aggies were going to bring back all 5 starting offensive lineman, but one of them got into legal trouble over the summer and is no longer on the team. The lineman replacing him in the starting lineup will be a true offensive guard. In G5 programs you don't see many offensive lineman who are true freshman that get the start. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing for the Aggies. I will say that the offensive line was probably our weakest link last year. The Aggies were not a great running team and while Bonner the QB did break the all season passing yards at USU last year he was also beat up a lot in games due to poor pass protection. I do think the offensive line will be improved, but we will see.

Reaction Score
Realistic Optimism. It's all about the trenches. We need to score double-digits..

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just want to see a competent football team that doesn't suffer PTSD if they quickly go down 2 TDs in the first quarter. I don't want to suffer PTSD from watching this game and seeing completely inept football. I'm not expecting a win. I'm expecting a football team that looks hungry to compete for 4 quarters and shows signs of actual improvement. I also want to see a modern offense for once!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just want to see a competent football team that doesn't suffer PTSD if they quickly go down 2 TDs in the first quarter. I don't want to suffer PTSD from watching this game and seeing completely inept football. I'm not expecting a win. I'm expecting a football team that looks hungry to compete for 4 quarters and shows signs of actual improvement. I also want to see a modern offense for once!

Team was actually competitive in the first quarter last year against most teams including the better teams on the schedule. It was the second qtr that was a massacre and turned most games in to a blowout by half time.

That's why I'm with you of having a team which is competitive for four quarters being a measure of improvement.

Reaction Score
I think our BY collective goals for this game are relatively modest. After the game we want to be able to say, "WOW!!! We did NOT see THAT coming!!!"

But personally I would be OK with 10 points scored, and a half dozen forced punts by the D.

Reaction Score
Since his hire, Coach Mora has been a breath of fresh air, saying all of the right things in public.
He has done a lot of upgrading through the transfer portal, bringing in players who are counted on for upper class leadership.
I want to see a Husky team that plays competitive football, not one that goes into a cocoon at the first sign of adversity.
Was listening on the radio that USU was a 1 win team two seasons ago & had a miracle turnaround last season with a new coaching staff. Just hope that this season shows dramatic improvement in all phases.
If UConn plays well today, regardless of the final score, I will be happy.
If they should pull out a win, the post-game celebration will last all week!

Reaction Score
I'm watching looking for the same thing I've looked for the last few years. Signs of progress. A team that stays in it and competes without visibly putting their heads down and giving up in the face of adversity.

The little things beyond that, competency on the offensive line; keeping contain on the edges, not giving up a 12 yard cushion on 3 and 6. I want to feel good watching the game through the second half and (even if the game is probably decided) not feel like I've seen enough to be ready to change the channel.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Team was actually competitive in the first quarter last year against most teams including the better teams on the schedule. It was the second qtr that was a massacre and turned most games in to a blowout by half time.

That's why I'm with you of having a team which is competitive for four quarters being a measure of improvement.
Agree 100% We actually played good football for a half and then as the season went on it became a quarter before the D became demoralized.

I want to also see us make adjustments at halftime if things are getting exposed over and over. Too often last year we'd go into the half knowing what needed to be fixed and come out doing the same thing and putting it on a silver platter for the other team.

Reaction Score
Good question by the OP, it's great to live in the Matrix of social media and the new beginnings of Uconn FB in our minds. But now comes the real world, SO LET'S GO NEO !

1661606673277.png

Reaction Score
Utah State lost many key players from last year. They lost 5 of their top 6 receivers including the top 3 who had 10, 10 and 11 TD receptions last year and 4 of their top 5 tacklers including their sacks leader. They do bring back their starting QB and starting RB from last year, but Utah State could have some growing pains to start the season.
And they could see us as warm up. Remember they play Alabama the following week. It would be easy to look past our Huskies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I've got my layer of cynicism in place as a defense measure. But, you know, it's still a day of lowering expectations and rising hopes and wondering why there's still such a gap between the two...

Reaction Score
No therapy here. We could get blown out in a tough environment. The measuring stick really starts to come into play around game 5 or 6.
True, unless we underperform vs. an FCS team next week. Like last year. Strike that. Like the last 10 years.

Reaction Score
Before the season starts I'd just like to hop on here and say-- I've very much enjoyed the past 10 months since Mora was hired discussing, analyzing, and getting hyped for the 2022 season on here. Watching the team, fanbase, and culture change has been a blessing and I'm so happy we're anticipating this year so highly. Shoutout to everyone who's been here through the rough... We've all waited for it and the time is now! Let's go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
First Black & Orange of the season to prepare me for whatever is about to happen. #pleasedontsuck

Attachments

• 557F2F0A-9826-43BD-9140-30E038FC87E1.jpeg
    557F2F0A-9826-43BD-9140-30E038FC87E1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Second quarter turd parade again today. Obviously not a blowout by halftime but USU took a 14-point deficit and turned it in to a double-digit lead at the half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom