Votes: 53 48.6%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Uconn & Xavier (played well last night BTW) in the top 25 and Marquette receiving votes. Villanova looks to get better as the season progresses. Creighton? Seton Hall?

Yes, I know it's early but thought to pass the time before next game and just wanted to get a measure of the strength of the conference.

Reaction Score
I'll go 4. UConn is a lock. Xavier should (unless they have another colossal meltdown). Creighton has been wildly inconsistent but I feel like they'll eventually turn it around because their starting 5 is way too talented not to.

Then I'll go 1 of Marquette/Villanova. Marquette has played well for stretches so I could see them putting together a win streak. Villanova has been a different team since Whitmore came back, but they need to get a lot of wins very quickly because right now they're very far on the outside looking in.

Not too many opportunities for quality wins in the Big East this year so we'll get everybody's 110% every single game. A win vs. UConn will do wonders for anybody's resume in March

Reaction Score
Not too many opportunities for quality wins in the Big East this year
But We’re talking about 5 potential tourney teams, that’s almost half the conference. PC and SJU are prob NIT as well. I haven’t double checked this but I’d be surprised if a win against any of the top 7 would not be Q1 or Q2.

Reaction Score
Uconn & Xavier (played well last night BTW) in the top 25 and Marquette receiving votes. Villanova looks to get better as the season progresses. Creighton? Seton Hall?

Yes, I know it's early but thought to pass the time before next game and just wanted to get a measure of the strength of the conference.
Seton Hall is terrible

Reaction Score
But We’re talking about 5 potential tourney teams, that’s almost half the conference. PC and SJU are prob NIT as well. I haven’t double checked this but I’d be surprised if a win against any of the top 7 would not be Q1 or Q2.
As of now Providence, Villanova, St John's, Seton Hall will be Q3 home games and Q2 away games. But they're all between 76 and 96 so could reasonably get above the 75 mark to shift to Q2/Q1 instead

Reaction Score
4 or 5.

UConn and Xavier for sure.

Seton Hall, Creighton, Marquette most likely.

I think Nova will sneak in as well. But that might push out of the other "most likelys"

Reaction Score
I voted for 4 and 5 teams because the poll let me.

UConn, Xavier, Marquette, Creighton,

maybe Nova.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
4 or 5, but I went with 5 since I think Villanova is much better than their record.

Locks: UConn
Should be in: Xavier, Creighton, Marquette
Better than record and should get in: Villanova

I agree on the Top 4 if they hold serve and Xavier, Creighton and Marquette win 11+ Big East games. Creighton may need 12.

The NET ratings of the rest of the Big East teams other than Butler make it a long climb to get into contention for an at-large.

Reaction Score
I said 4.

UConn, Xavier, Marquette, and Creighton or Villanova.

6 losses before New Years is a lot, regardless of strength of schedule. I don't see a 13-loss BE team getting in.

Reaction Score
In: UConn, Xavier
Should be in: Marquette, Creighton
Bubble: Providence, Villanova (if they continue improvement throughout conference play)

I’m saying 5. But could very easily see 4.

Reaction Score
I still think there's a small shot at 6.

UConn in for sure
MU, XU should be in
Nova and Creighton I think will get their games together and make it
The Wildcard is Providence. If the wins are less spread out this year and fall to the top and bottom of conference, I think Providence can pull it out since Cooley always has his teams peaking at the right time. It will be tough b/c the NET for a lot of the BE are not good right now and really all you can do for the most part now is canabalize other BE teams. But we'll see!

Yes, 4 is more likely than 6... but I'm just sayin' there's a chance! (My vote was for 5)

1672335815334.png

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
4 or 5, but I went with 5 since I think Villanova is much better than their record.

Locks: UConn
Should be in: Xavier, Creighton, Marquette
Better than record and should get in: Villanova

That's a great argument for 5 right there. And others can play their way in. Like PC & St John's

Reaction Score
I still think there's a small shot at 6.

UConn in for sure
MU, XU should be in
Nova and Creighton I think will get their games together and make it
The Wildcard is Providence. If the wins are less spread out this year and fall to the top and bottom of conference, I think Providence can pull it out since Cooley always has his teams peaking at the right time. It will be tough b/c the NET for a lot of the BE are not good right now and really all you can do for the most part now is canabalize other BE teams. But we'll see!

Yes, 4 is more likely than 6... but I'm just sayin' there's a chance! (My vote was for 5)

View attachment 82464
Exactly right. Hard to see Providence pulling itself up without pushing one or more of the other contenders down.

Reaction Score
i think it's five, with uconn, xavier, marquette, and creighton all solidly in the mix. a fifth team will get in out of the nova, peecee, sju, butler tier and nova is looking like the favorite from that category.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
While I only see 4 likely bids, the resumes get sketchy for the last 5 or 6 bids. The other options aren’t going to great either.

xclamations

Connbine
Reaction Score
I think 5 get in; Huskies, Xavier, Marquette

& if not PC, one or both of creighton & nova

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
4 or 5.

UConn and Xavier for sure.

Seton Hall, Creighton, Marquette most likely.

I think Nova will sneak in as well. But that might push out of the other "most likelys"
I'm hoping you didn't mean to type Seton Hall.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I think Creighton still has a good chance to get in.

Creighton needs to go like 12-5 at worst, with no bad losses, to finish out the season, and then have a good showing in the BET. That would put them at 20-11 with a good chunk of their losses coming without Kalkbrenner and some nice OOC wins against Arkansas and T Tech. Although that T Tech win might look worse once they hit B12 play (Tech haven't really beaten anyone). We'll see. A singular win against us would help them big time. And they need to stay healthy, because it's clear that their depth is a major problem.

Villanova is going to be very interesting, because they have multiple bad losses, and their best win is like, Oklahoma (I think St. John's is fraudulent and going to be a middling BE team). It's going to take a LOT more for them to dig themselves out of the hole they're in.

I think Nova has passed the eye test as being a tournament team since their horrendous PKI showing. They will need to pick up multiple wins against Xavier/Marquette/Creighton/UConn and get to 20 wins and show out in the BET.

Reaction Score
UCONN is a lock.
Xavier should be in.
Marquette should be in.
Creighton is too talented, so they should be in.
Nova is also very talented. They can't beat us, but they will win many games against the rest of the BE. They should be in.
Providence should be in.

St. John's and Seton Hall???

BE should get 5 in, but 6 is a possibility.

Reaction Score
Realistically with the bad losses on Villanova’s schedule they’re going to have to go like 14-6 in conference play to even sneak in. That’ll put them at 20-11 and maybe have to win a game or 2 in the BET. Sorry I just don’t see them going 14-6 in the BE. They just aren’t that good. They’re 89 in NCAA Net rankings with 0 Q1 wins and 1 Q2 win. Also they have no good out of conference wins whatsoever so they might need to be even better than that in conference or make a run in NYC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom