How Long Have You Had Your Season Tickets? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How Long Have You Had Your Season Tickets?

How many years have you had your season tickets for?

• First Year 2016

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • 1-3

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 4-6

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • 7-9

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • 10-13

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • 14+

Votes: 40 46.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea, I know the drill. My previous tickets were nearby. Bake early season and then enjoy the sun the rest of the year.

It seems that most of the early games are during the day and the later ones, in the cold weather, at night. So standing In the overhang of the upper deck,away from the sun or in the ladies room with the other gals getting warm during Nov games.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

But I had them every year from 2003-2010 or 2011 before.

Reaction Score
2002 ... saw GT at Memorial Stadium ... still pissed that Edsall held Culley out and Collins was wide open!!!!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
1999. I have a hat to prove it .

Reaction Score
My my first game at the Rent against Indiana 8/30/2003 is when my addiction began. We beat a freakin Big 10 team and we also held our own 10 years later 9/22/2013 against the Wolverines

what a game this was!

It's been a wild ride and 2016 is our pay back for the last 5 years in the desert! Enjoy it!

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
My my first game at the Rent against Indiana 8/30/2003 is when my addiction began. We beat a freakin Big 10 team and we also held our own 10 years later 9/22/2013 against the Wolverines

what a game this was!

It's been a wild ride and 2016 is our pay back for the last 5 years in the desert! Enjoy it!

Somewhere in that crowd going nuts vs Indiana is a freshman me. That was the second college football game I'd ever been to (first was army vs western Michigan at michie when I was like 8) but it was a sport I'd watched on TV forever. I was so happy that UConn was part of big time college athletics. UConn with a commitment to join Big East football sealed the deal when I made my college choice: good academics (at the time, now they're great) at a school with big time athletics and not far from home. That win let me know that from day one I made the right college choice.

Reaction Score
I still don't have season tickets :/

I moved back to my hometown to find work after school (Danbury) and don't know enough people who will commit to season tickets. I go to a few a year now after converting my Irish friends from ND to UConn fans, but it will take a better home slate to get them to all the games. It's also more disposable income than we have at the moment but we went to 3 home games last year and we plan on at least 2 home games and possibly Navy this year.

The toughest part is convincing them to buy tickets through the school's site instead of getting them off of third parties. If they save $3 they're happy.

Reaction Score
I still don't have season tickets :/

I moved back to my hometown to find work after school (Danbury) and don't know enough people who will commit to season tickets. I go to a few a year now after converting my Irish friends from ND to UConn fans, but it will take a better home slate to get them to all the games. It's also more disposable income than we have at the moment but we went to 3 home games last year and we plan on at least 2 home games and possibly Navy this year.

The toughest part is convincing them to buy tickets through the school's site instead of getting them off of third parties. If they save $3 they're happy.
I'm kind of in the same boat but I got young alumni season tix for $130. Basically the math there works out to costing slightly more than a normal 3 game mini plan and much less than 3/4 games individually. I was able to sway a couple of my buddies with that deal, even though they didn't go to UConn (they don't verify alumni status). Might be something to offer up to your friends if you haven't already. If not, I'm sure there are plenty on this board that would welcome you to tailgate, myself included.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Now that the results have died down- I think its interesting that almost half the voters in this poll have had season tickets since at minimum the opening days of the Rent. Obviously not scientific by any means- but I'd be curious to hear from those who scooped season tickets in the past 6 years on why they decided to take the plunge during essentially the worst time in UConn football history

Reaction Score
2009. I was apparently late to the party. Like many, a basketball fan first. But a friend invited me to their tailgate and I've been going ever since.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
2003-2012 and 2014-present

Technically did not have season tickets for 2013, but had two mini-plans and bought a ticket for Towson in the parking lot.

Reaction Score
Since the year before the Rent opened. Saw a student get bit by a campus security dog at the last memorial game and I was hooked Don't even think of tearing down those goal posts

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Since the year before the Rent opened. Saw a student get bit by a campus security dog at the last memorial game and I was hooked Don't even think of tearing down those goal posts
how about the HUGE cans of pepper spray - I saw them hose down the kid that ran in for the goal post, and I climbed to the top of the bleachers... This woman in front of me didn't know better as the cloud drift low back down the way. OMG her face was priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom