How Kevin Ollie’s new gig at Overtime Elite may change NCAA basketball (Paul Doyle) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How Kevin Ollie’s new gig at Overtime Elite may change NCAA basketball (Paul Doyle)

Reaction Score
The glamor is being featured on the Overtime Elite Snapchat highlights. Sounds incredibly stupid because it is but that’s what drives kids these days.
You kids get off my lawn! Darned kids! Fanged interweb

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Wait is this a team or a league? I thought the whole point was it being a league, if it's a team with Kevin Ollie as the coach who do they play without putting other teams' players' college eligibility into question?

Reaction Score
Wait is this a team or a league? I thought the whole point was it being a league, if it's a team with Kevin Ollie as the coach who do they play without putting other teams' players' college eligibility into question?
Apparently a league of 4 teams:

Reaction Score
I think I saw something where a player/parent that rejected, after pushing OTE & learning they'd be playing high school AAU squads. Their website says a combo of an internal league and international foes. There's also been a 'pending' choice amongst two city finalists for months. My guess is the twins signing means that OhTee Elite agreed to play in Ft Lauderdale. Should be some great one-on-one games.

EDIT - Oops I guessed wrong, espn story mentions they announced 100,000sf facility in ATL.

Reaction Score
This plus ESPN breaking a story today about a number of juniors signing onto the G League.

The college basketball world is changing right in front of our eyes today.. Like the great Sam Cooke told us...'It's been a long time coming but I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will'

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This plus Woj breaking a story today about a number of juniors signing onto the G League.

The college basketball world is changing right in front of our eyes today.. Like the great Sam Cooke told us...'It's been a long time coming but I know a change is gonna come, oh yes it will'
I can understand creating a professional alternative to college. Realistically a college degree is no longer necessary to play professional sports, and long gone are the days of having an offseason day job. There is always the GED route, but this is a slippery slope if it doesn't work out. Dropping out of high school is not the same as it was in the 1940s.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
1621627185445.png

Evidently, Scoot reclassified and finished high school with a 3.5 GPA.

OTOH, why not say that instead of the misleading, "skipping his senior year?"

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
View attachment 67551

yes, that is incredibly misleading.

and I have to ask, his real senior year or his 5th year senior year?

Reaction Score
Sounds about what LSU/Kentucky/Duke/Auburn/Arizona/NC/Oregon/Louisville pay their player's family and friends

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 67551

I’m good friends with one of scoots uncles and this has been his plan for quite some time. Very good kid and student. Got a great pitch from brian shaw and working with the g league staff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
C684C72D-9361-4ED4-A818-75B9158174BC.jpeg
Anyone else think that their “proprietary assessment system” consists of two checkboxes “are they willing to sign with us yes or no?”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What does it say about a proprietary assessment system when it ranks as "off the charts" its very first two signees?
Lol good point their system may need a little recalibration already

Reaction Score
Lol good point their system may need a little recalibration already
Obviously no actual system beyond will you accept our $. Very easy for them to rank off non-existent charts. Giving benefit of the doubt its possible the charts predicted a yes within 5 minutes and not 2 seconds of the bag drop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom