how is McCummings not getting more PT? | The Boneyard

how is McCummings not getting more PT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the guy makes plays and moves the offense, why isn't he playing more? i really don't understand the argument that he can't be an every down QB. everytime he was on the field Holtz would talk about how scared he'd be if he was a DC trying to stop him, and then he'd get 8 yards, and then we wouldn't see him until the next quarter. if nothing else it should force a safety to play up or something to help open the secondary.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
the guy makes plays and moves the offense, why isn't he playing more? i really don't understand the argument that he can't be an every down QB. everytime he was on the field Holtz would talk about how scared he'd be if he was a DC trying to stop him, and then he'd get 8 yards, and then we wouldn't see him until the next quarter. if nothing else it should force a safety to play up or something to help open the secondary.

Because we need to maintain continuity. The QB position needs to remain the total failure it was under Randy Edsall.

Continuity.

Reaction Score
Because we need to maintain continuity. The QB position needs to remain the total failure it was under Randy Edsall.

Continuity.
+1000 Can't recruit the position, can't go coach it, can't figure out how to incorporate the forward pass into a modern day offense.

Reaction Score
I'm going to take a guess and say it's becasue he doesn't know the offense. I think they only have a couple sets for him and you are seeing pretty much all of it in the limited times he is in there. It's essentially the same play over and over again they can do a few thing differrent off of it but in a whole game i don't think it's going to be effective. I would like to see him get more reps however. As for Nebrich another guess but I'm thinking he is in the doghouse for whatever reason. The QB situation is so bad that there is no logical reason not to give each guy a game, not rotate the three of them in one game but in the next three games give them each a chance to show something for next year. Mac has already had his so lets go with McCummings next game. In all seriousness I don't think there is any way it could get any worse.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's time to try the other QBs. Until.last night, you could make a case that JM performed best in practice and gave us the best chance to win by making fewer mistakes and relying on good defense and special teams.

As is turned out D and ST aren't that.good and the QB isn't performing well enough to maintain the premise that there is any downside to playing someone else.

7-5 isn't happening, 6-6 probably not happening either. The two freshmen are the best QB recruits RE signed since the move to the BE. They deserve some run in these last 4 games. I'd start Nebrich and expand McCummings packages to include more pro-set plays. If one catches fire, adjust the play splits.

With no extra bowl practices, the competition for next year should start now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69