How I'm spending the next 2 hours... | The Boneyard

How I'm spending the next 2 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good idea! Makes you realize how strong the team was last year. Leadership. Defined roles, timely play, inside toughness, outside shooting and a winning attitude. Nothing like this year's team.

Reaction Score
deedougie said:
Good idea! Makes you realize how strong the team was last year. Leadership. Defined roles, timely play, inside toughness, outside shooting and a winning attitude. Nothing like this year's team.

I'll take "Things That Were Not Said On The Boneyard After We Lost To Louisville By 50" for $500, Alex.

More seriously - we obviously got to the point where we were the type of team you described. But it took time. There were narrow wins over bad teams, a really bad Texas trip (the second one was better), a home loss to SMU, etc. Now I'm not sure the pieces are there to do it this year, and three magical runs from the abyss to a title in five years may be asking a wee bit much from the hoops gods. But we have to see how this team evolves before we write its epitaph.

Reaction Score

Yeah our team was sooo strong inside last year with the same frontcourt and 2 SFs gone...

we were weak inside all year long, just played great enough defense to overcome it during the tourney run

Reaction Score
Sure, UConn got a favorable tournament bracket after the St. Joe's game, but they took advantage of it. They played amazing defense and made their free throws (how many games this season would've been different if UConn could've just made some free throws?) and they had the experience.

Kromah was an x-factor in the championship game. He came in grabbed 2 huge rebounds and made 2 free throws in the final minute.
Daniels played good D in the championship game.
Boatright made 5 of 6 shots
Napier made all the big shots when needed
Giffey made the huge 3's when needed.
And they OUT REBOUNDED Kentucky.
Bromah "Actually" grabbed rebounds in the game.
Nolan did nothing really out there, but cause he was so far down the bench it didn't really matter.
T'Sam played a couple of minutes as a backup and thats what he's good for.
Omar and TO were great cheerleading on the bench.

Well UConn has 2 months to get their season in order and try and make a run through the AAC tournament.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing you thought all of those things about last year's team on January 19, too.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you thought all of those things about last year's team on January 19, too.

If by the time the NCAA Tournament comes about:

Boatright turns into Napier
Purvis turns into Boatright
Hamilton turns into Daniels
Facey turns into Kromah
Calhoun turns into Giffey
Bromah actually stays on the floor
Nolan stays being Nolan
T'Sam only plays a few minutes off the bench

I'd be pretty damn happy.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You should try getting laid.
Well sure, but what does he do with the remaining hour and forty-five minutes.

Reaction Score
If by the time the NCAA Tournament comes about:

Boatright turns into Napier
Purvis turns into Boatright
Hamilton turns into Daniels
Facey turns into Kromah
Calhoun turns into Giffey
Bromah actually stays on the floor
Nolan stays being Nolan
T'Sam only plays a few minutes off the bench

I'd be pretty damn happy.

Wouldn't it be better to be damn happy that they tried to duplicate Championship effort and not players. I think that's all us fans are asking for. To expect miracle after miracle is fruitless/painful, but we should be able to expect 100% UConn effort. Many of our youngsters haven't seemed to grasp that yet, which I blame on inexperience and only one true 'experienced' leader who knows about such effort.

Reaction Score
Sure, UConn got a favorable tournament bracket after the St. Joe's game, but they took advantage of it. They played amazing defense and made their free throws (how many games this season would've been different if UConn could've just made some free throws?) and they had the experience.

Kromah was an x-factor in the championship game. He came in grabbed 2 huge rebounds and made 2 free throws in the final minute.
Daniels played good D in the championship game.
Boatright made 5 of 6 shots
Napier made all the big shots when needed
Giffey made the huge 3's when needed.
And they OUT REBOUNDED Kentucky.
Bromah "Actually" grabbed rebounds in the game.
Nolan did nothing really out there, but cause he was so far down the bench it didn't really matter.
T'Sam played a couple of minutes as a backup and thats what he's good for.
Omar and TO were great cheerleading on the bench.

Well UConn has 2 months to get their season in order and try and make a run through the AAC tournament.

And you have 2 months to figure out it's Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul