How Hostile Can We Make Gampel Saturday? | The Boneyard

How Hostile Can We Make Gampel Saturday?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
OK. So we know the refs hate us. It’s us against the world now. But we also have not been playing up to our potential - at all. And let’s not forget that these are BE road games. Did we expect to win every BE road game? Not gonna happen, even if we were calling our own fouls. What I did notice is that the X and PC crowds were wild. So how hostile can we make it for Creighton on Saturday? I know @gampelcrazies is with me. Let’s do this and get back on track. They boys need us, so let’s have their back.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I was there tonight. Crowd was good but way far from overwhelming.

Please. Someone else at the game correct me if I was off.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It better be crazy. Both Xavier and Providence fans came to wreak havoc. It worked.
It did. We were rattled. LETS BRING IT. This is not the time to sulk or bail. We have a squad. These are BE road games. What did we expect? To cakewalk though the BE?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was there tonight. Crowd was good but way far from overwhelming.

Please. Someone else at the game correct me if I was off.
Seemed great on TV. And aside from 10 minutes vs Georgetown we haven’t really brought it yet either. Seemed like they got up good even in the first half tonight - something our crowd doesn’t usually do. We wait for the second half to get up.

Reaction Score
It did. We were rattled. LETS BRING IT. This is not the time to sulk or bail. We have a squad. These are BE road games. What did we expect? To cakewalk though the BE?
This makes me think of the loudest game I've ever been to ... was when there was a Blizzard and all the tickets were donated to us students vs. Pitt. The entire Gampel was filled with students .... I'm pretty sure it was the very first ever college ball game day too. We lost on a buzzer beater....

Reaction Score
OK. So we know the refs hate us. It’s us against the world now. But we also have not been playing up to our potential - at all. And let’s not forget that these are BE road games. Did we expect to win every BE road game? Not gonna happen, even if we were calling our own fouls. What I did notice is that the X and PC crowds were wild. So how hostile can we make it for Creighton on Saturday? I know @gampelcrazies is with me. Let’s do this and get back on track. They boys need us, so let’s have their back.
Agreed. Both Gampel and XL have been lacking this year. Went to the Dunk tonight and it was wild crowd. Need the energy Saturday

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Ya ya ya. I realize I started this thread. This thread should be the top one at the moment. It’s all that matters. I’m bumping it. Let’s go you bums.

Reaction Score
Meaning what?
Meaning he thinks we will be an NIT team whether we are playing in front of no fans or a full house

I think it’ll be made even more hostile by the fact that this game feels like a must-win to keep 1/2 seed hopes alive. I’ll be there +1.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Meaning he thinks we will be an NIT team whether we are playing in front of no fans or a full house

I think it’ll be made even more hostile by the fact that this game feels like a must-win to keep 1/2 seed hopes alive. I’ll be there +1.
Meaning he’s a punk and should come see me. Love your attitude. Let’s go baby!!!!

Reaction Score
I remember days when you guys were winning titles with Rip, where I was sitting with 2900 other people at a Valley game trying to eke out a win against Drake or someone just to qualify for the 8 team Valley conference tournament, while thanking God that our school didn’t bump down to D3 in all sports like it looked like they might.

After that, the fact that this thread exists at all - at any point in time in any universe - is in my eyes really something else.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I was there tonight. The PC crowd had nothing to do with it until they smelled blood in the water with sub-4 minutes left.
ummm, no. they were a big deal thruout. don't take my word for it tho. we had one guy yellin 'go back to New York u lawn burger eaters' so we might have missed the funeral atmosphere elsewhere in the Dunk.
nope, don't take my word, take danny's word for it! when u get past all the 'embarassed,' 'tension' and such stuff from him on this presser, u'll hear him talk aboot the crowd's effect.
i'm not embarassed. the team wasn't embarassed. i don't know what he's talking aboot, but i do know that, especially after a loss, his pressers are the exact same - he nervously and continually stares down at a stat sheet, regurgitating some number as an answer. predictable by now.

'we were scared watching the film.'
on hops game.

Reaction Score
It'll be my first and likely only time up at Gampel this season. I'll be up at Storrs early to soak in the magic of the campus (Horsebarn Hill, top of Homer Babbidge, maybe Mansfield Hollow).

Prior to my drive, I'll have a nice coffee, a meditation that will center and focus me to a Hurley-esque chaos once the game starts.

Same routine as what I do before I coach games: super calm all day (my general affect) and then 75 minutes of energy...

CAN'T WAIT!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OK. So we know the refs hate us. It’s us against the world now.

one - the refs don't hate UConn - that is such a shallow argument/statement
two - if they do have rabbit ears it's because of the actions and words of only one person and that needs to be addressed and rectified ASAP

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
OK. So we know the refs hate us. It’s us against the world now.

one - the refs don't hate UConn - that is such a shallow argument/statement
two - if they do have rabbit ears it's because of the actions and words of only one person and that needs to be addressed and rectified ASAP
Refs hate DH. Therefore they hate us.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I remember days when you guys were winning titles with Rip, where I was sitting with 2900 other people at a Valley game trying to eke out a win against Drake or someone just to qualify for the 8 team Valley conference tournament, while thanking God that our school didn’t bump down to D3 in all sports like it looked like they might.

After that, the fact that this thread exists at all - at any point in time in any universe - is in my eyes really something else.
Creighton fans are happy to simply be in the BE. We have higher standards here. That being said, Creighton has a formidable team and we are currently hungry for a W. Get ready for the ruckus tomorrow.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am fully expecting some vigorous “ref you suck” chants. If I’m there, I’m booing every single questionable call. I’m not sure that that helps us or hurts us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom