How great was our defense? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How great was our defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The win was a result of getting N Ogwumike in foul trouble.

Yep, and Tara sitting her for 12 min. I've never been a fan of two foul sit for that long.
Nneka's 2nd foul was very questionable as Steph hooked her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yep, and Tara sitting her for 12 min. I've never been a fan of two foul sit for that long.
Nneka's 2nd foul was very questionable as Steph hooked her.
lets not start with that crap...

Reaction Score
lets not start with that crap...

It's not crap, but rather an objective look at the play and call.
Steph hooked her and Nneka D''d up, and got called for it. The 2nd offender often gets the call. Look at the tape. Home court advantage and you beat us fair and square.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Card, I wanted to ask you about the arm hooking. Is it something that Stanford teaches its players? I do not mean that in a negative way. It is not something, however, we regularly see in games involving UConn. I do remember it in some other Stanford - UConn games.

Reaction Score
Card, I wanted to ask you about the arm hooking. Is it something that Stanford teaches its players? I do not mean that in a negative way. It is not something, however, we regularly see in games involving UConn. I do remember it in some other Stanford - UConn games.

No, Stanford doesn't teach arm hooking. Arm bar, but not hooking. It was a physical game, I thought they let a alot go.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
It's not crap, but rather an objective look at the play and call.
Steph hooked her and Nneka D''d up, and got called for it. The 2nd offender often gets the call. Look at the tape. Home court advantage and you beat us fair and square.

I won't be surprised if you are right. However, I thought there were a lot of non-calls, on both sides, and some inexplicable calls. I'd be interested in the view of a truly neutral observer, but I definitely didn't think we were the recipient of home cooking.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, Stanford doesn't teach arm hooking. Arm bar, but not hooking. It was a physical game, I thought they let a alot go.
The reason I ask is I remember this in each of the Stanford games and the only other opponent I remember it in with UConn is ND. I am not accusing it of being wrong I simply have noticed a pattern of it against Stanford.

Arm bars properly executed should not lead to hook ups.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The reason I ask is I remember this in each of the Stanford games and the only other opponent I remember it in with UConn is ND. I am not accusing it of being wrong I simply have noticed a pattern of it against Stanford.

Arm bars properly executed should not lead to hook ups.
Maya got hooked a LOT in last year's game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya got hooked a LOT in last year's game.

And Kelly was arm-tangled at least three times last night, going to the floor multiple times. It seems to happen vs. Stanford more often than others. We will see about TAMU and Baylor

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And Kelly was arm-tangled at least three times last night, going to the floor multiple times. It seems to happen vs. Stanford more often than others. We will see about TAMU and Baylor
It always happens once or twice a game but it is persistent and regular against Stanford.

Reaction Score
It was certainly a physical game last night as well as the game at Maples last Dec. I think both home teams were more physical and got the benefit of no calls.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It was certainly a physical game last night as well as the game at Maples last Dec. I think both home teams were more physical and got the benefit of no calls.

Last year was a really physical game for sure...

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Stef really impressed me defensively especially early on. But as the game progressed, it wasn't just her I noticed, it was everyone who was on the court for us playing stellar D, every possession Stanford had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom