How good would a team that started UConn's second five be? | The Boneyard

How good would a team that started UConn's second five be?

How good would a team starting Mo, Doty, Banks, Tuck, and Stokes be?

• National champions, baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watching the postseason at home with the rest of us

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Please, let's not have this devolve into another thread about who is going to start. Humor me with the premise that the five best players on this year's team are Bria, KML, Kelly, Breanna, and Stef.

So here's a fun question: imagine that those five didn't exist (perish the thought), and UConn fielded a team whose starting five consisted of MoJeff, Caroline, Banks, Morgan, and Kiah. You may imagine that the coaching staff is the same. Assume the bench has a Buck and a couple other kids of Heather's caliber.

How good do you think this team would be? How many games would they lose? By season's end, how deep a run could they make in the postseason?

Voting is good!

U

UCONNfan1

I took a W.A.G. and speculated elite 8. I think the problem would be depth and youth - Mo and Morgan are freshmen, Brianna and Kiah are sophomores. If the bench "only" consisted of Heather Buck types (who I think would be a big performer on a team like Holy Cross or Hartford), I'm not sure they would have the bench play or experience to make a final 4. But it would be a good game for sure...

Reaction Score
My wife wants to know if this is the Boneyard's version of Fantasy WCBB? Do we get to recruit? Is there a conference re-alignment process happening? Does RPI come into the NCAA seeding? So many questions Alex....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I took a W.A.G. and speculated elite 8. I think the problem would be depth and youth - Mo and Morgan are freshmen, Brianna and Kiah are sophomores. If the bench "only" consisted of Heather Buck types (who I think would be a big performer on a team like Holy Cross or Hartford), I'm not sure they would have the bench play or experience to make a final 4. But it would be a good game for sure...
Yeah, if it is a 5 member team depth is definitely a problem.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Yeah, if it is a 5 member team depth is definitely a problem.

Obviously, our other five/six would come off the bench. Which is why I chose Final Four. (Don't want to mess with the basketball mojo and suggest a higher goal.)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sixth. In other words, they can beat Penn State and Georgia, but would fall short to ND and better.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sixth. In other words, they can beat Penn State and Georgia, but would fall short to ND and better.
But whatever, it does not appear to be farfetched that they would be top 10. Scary good team.

Reaction Score
Top 10? I don't think so.
They're good role players and complement the others well. It's much different being the star.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Assuming that they had some depth, their major issue would be lack of experience, despite Grandma Doty. That also is a fairly small unit, with Brianna at the 3. I think top 16 is accurate. But switch Caroline and Stewie, and I'll go top 8 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom