How Frustrated Must This Defense Be | The Boneyard

How Frustrated Must This Defense Be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... to constantly and completely carry this team on a regular basis, just to lose games anyway because they are so plagued by offensive ineptitude. Usually when it turns into a blowout, it's almost solely because of the offensive turnovers being converted into extra points for the opposition. It's basic psychology to recognize that there has to be a heightened frustration with this unit; to put in work on a weekly basis, just to come up empty handed nearly every game day. This is something that has been going on for years now. Last I checked, this defense has nearly cracked the top 25 in defensive statistics, yet nearly rock-bottom on offense. This is not meant to be scathing or devisive, but simply stating the glaringly obvious. Every week, this defense shows up to work, only to be humiliated along with the rest of the fan base by disgraceful offensive performances/schemes/play calling. I'm well aware it's not a quick fix, but you gotta think the players, particularly on defense, have to be far more frustrated than any fan could be right now. I'm sure the NFL can't come soon enough for Byron Jones and Geremy Davis (as much as they try to keep their composure and present a facade of optimism). Davis might as well pull a Clowney and just preserve himself and his draft stock the remainder of the season. They hardly make the effort to get him the ball anyway.

We're like the New York Jets of college football... but worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom