How far has BC Basketball fallen? | The Boneyard

How far has BC Basketball fallen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
used to be news when they lost to Harvard, Northeaster, or BU.
Now they've found another BU to lose to as in Bryant University...

BC athletics are in a free fall.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's called Divine Justice.

Reaction Score
Other than hockey, most bcu sports have fallen. Great legacy the flipper left.
He got them in the ACC, but ruined mens & womens hoops,. along with FB.

Reaction Score
Hate BC but I like Donahue. I think his record shows that he needs time to build his own team with his players. There is little doubt the guy can coach. He may be struggling with recruiting. That will be seen by his fourth or fifth season. BC needs to give the guy a couple more years to see if he can turn it around.

Reaction Score
Donohue is recruiting like he's still in the Ivy League. Watch one of their games. A bunch of white unathletic players. Ryan Anderson is the real deal though. He's a future NBA player. He just had a bad shooting game yesterday.

Reaction Score
Not enough bad things can happen to BC. Too bad for Donahue; great guy, good coach. Totally hamstrung by admissions.

Reaction Score
If things don't work out at BC, he would make a nice assistant to Ollie or whomever ends up as our long term HC.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Attendance was 2265
No wonder they don't want us in the ACC, they'd have to increase their staff of ushers and ticket-takers when we played at Conte.

Seriously, there were more uconn fans than that the last time we played there (2004?).

Reaction Score
No wonder they don't want us in the ACC, they'd have to increase their staff of ushers and ticket-takers when we played at Conte.

Seriously, there were more uconn fans than that the last time we played there (2004?).

There were more UConn fans there most times they played in Conte. I was unfortunate enough to be there the one time BC won in the last 20+ tries however. Those 17 BC fans were tough to stomach walking out of the building.

Reaction Score
Not sure its possible to fall when you're already at the bottom.

Reaction Score
DeFilippo ruined BC's athletic department with a series of stupid decisions. Putting aside the move to the ACC, he fired Jagodzinkski for interviewing for an NFL job, replaced him with a defensive coordinator who had never shown as signs that would indicate he'd be a great hire.

Then he fires Skinner, and say what you want about Skinner but I can't remember BC ever being this bad while he was there. Every 5-6 years he'd have a pretty good team with a bunch of unheralded recruits. Then he hires Donahue and it has been nothing short of an epic failure.

About the only thing he didn't screw up was that he didn't invent a reason to fire Jerry York as their hockey coach.

Reaction Score
I work with a kid who went to Bryant and he was bragging about this all day.

Reaction Score
I work with a kid who went to Bryant and he was bragging about this all day.

Bryant has done a great job building their athletic program from D2. The manicured campus was always a trademark but the sports facilities and technology initiatives there are really impressive too. It is a very good school with a great, practical curriculum.
Everyone I know that went there is very successful. I am curious what their future vision for athletics is. The MAC seems like a goal to strive for at this point.

Reaction Score
Waiting for them to schedule (and lose to) Binghamton and Towson.

caw

Reaction Score

Thought PC was full up on scholarships (assuming Ledo is back)?

Reaction Score
I am curious what their future vision for athletics is. The MAC seems like a goal to strive for at this point.

They are expecting to become a member of the New Big East next week.

Reaction Score
Anderson is definitely a stud. He's a future NBA player and a great kid. PC would be very lucky to get him.

If he's really transferring I would think he would want to be closer to home in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom