How does Diaco and staff get to know the team? | The Boneyard

How does Diaco and staff get to know the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Being the off season I know coaches and players interactions are limited to some degree.

With a new HC and assistants, do they get some leeway in terms of having a meeting with the entire team like a private dinner and BS session?

Also...in a typical off season, can players just pop in on the coaches in their office and shoot the breeze for 15-20? How restricted is their interaction?

I know the conditioning coaches can be with them during workouts, but can other coaches happen on by for 5-10 minutes to say "How's the family?"

There has to be a way for the new coaching staff to get to know the team before spring practice.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Trip to Riverside Fun Park

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if they watched the game as a team last night.

Reaction Score
Here you go Art:)

http://ncaacompliance.nd.edu/countable_hours.shtml

Being the off season I know coaches and players interactions are limited to some degree.

With a new HC and assistants, do they get some leeway in terms of having a meeting with the entire team like a private dinner and BS session?

Also...in a typical off season, can players just pop in on the coaches in their office and shoot the breeze for 15-20? How restricted is their interaction?

I know the conditioning coaches can be with them during workouts, but can other coaches happen on by for 5-10 minutes to say "How's the family?"

There has to be a way for the new coaching staff to get to know the team before spring practice.

Reaction Score
Damn thats hard to parse, but if I'm reading it correctly, they can hold a meeting as long as its not during one of the 9 discretionary off weeks between Jan 1 and June, but will count as part of the 8 hours allowed per week

And a player going to see a coach on his own volition as long as it isn't any kind of skill or strength training doesnt count towards the "countable hours" for the week

Reaction Score
Damn thats hard to parse, but if I'm reading it correctly, they can hold a meeting as long as its not during one of the 9 discretionary off weeks between Jan 1 and June, but will count as part of the 8 hours allowed per week

And a player going to see a coach on his own volition as long as it isn't any kind of skill or strength training doesnt count towards the "countable hours" for the week

I scanned through it. But I from what I can tell, if the team was invited to attend a BCS Championship watch party on a volunteer basis then that would be part of the non countable hours. Now if they started breaking down film in the midst of all that then they would probably cross the line.

Reaction Score
I scanned through it. But I from what I can tell, if the team was invited to attend a BCS Championship watch party on a volunteer basis then that would be part of the non countable hours. Now if they started breaking down film in the midst of all that then they would probably cross the line.

Agreed. I'm not an expert by any means but I keyed in on:

Daily & weekly hour limitations do not apply to the following time periods:
  • During preseason practice prior to the 1st day of classes or the first scheduled contest, whichever comes first
  • During an institution’s vacation periods as listed on the official academic calendar and during the academic year between terms when classes are not in session and a sport is in-season

Reaction Score
So the bottom line is, it looks like the players can stop by anytime and chat. I would imagine during meals coaches can eat with them and get to know them as well.

I would also think a Super Bowl party could be initiated by the coaches, even if it counted towards the 8 hours per week in the off season.

Reaction Score
From the time kids get back to campus until Spring Ball breaks, anything that is "voluntary" is technically off the clock. If a kid asks a coach for 1x1 time to review tape he can do it for as long as he wants. Once they get back they will star twinter workouts 3 days a week in the morning and then coaches will often come by to watch the guys lift in the afternoon. Most players will also get some tape time in for an couple hours before Spring ball starts. In other words, if a kid wants to live in his coaches office he can without restrictions. It is really the summer break which has heavy restrictions and coaches are not supposed to interact with players.

Reaction Score
From the time kids get back to campus until Spring Ball breaks, anything that is "voluntary" is technically off the clock. If a kid asks a coach for 1x1 time to review tape he can do it for as long as he wants. Once they get back they will star twinter workouts 3 days a week in the morning and then coaches will often come by to watch the guys lift in the afternoon. Most players will also get some tape time in for an couple hours before Spring ball starts. In other words, if a kid wants to live in his coaches office he can without restrictions. It is really the summer break which has heavy restrictions and coaches are not supposed to interact with players.

Good info. Thanks. So basically they have ample opportunity to get to know eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom