How does a team that shoots 18 3-pointers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How does a team that shoots 18 3-pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
go into the bonus with 11 minutes to go in both halves?

The free throw shooting discrepancy is 26-8 right now.

Normally, I think people put too much emphasis on this discrepancy, because the team that drives goes to the FT line more than the team that shoots from outside.

But in this case, most of OSU's shots have been from outside.

Very uneven officiating. It got worse once UConn got the lead. Free Throws were all of OSUs margin plus another ten points or so. Ollie should have been going ballistic on the sideline.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Very uneven officiating. It got worse once UConn got the lead. Free Throws were all of OSUs margin plus another ten points or so. Ollie should have been going ballistic on the sideline.
Ollie was going ballistic. The problem is that this has been a theme with how UConn's games have been called for years. I know our front court makes dumb fouls but come on that can only explain so much.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The egregious top 5:

1) Jalen Adams Carry call - you can't carry if you don't dribble twice

2) Rodney Purvis OB call. He was 5 steps back inbounds when he took that pass

3) double dribble no call on osu- kid lost his handle and put two hands on the ball and then took another dribble

4) faceys back to back phantom loose ball rebound action calls. Benched our best big.

5) clock error. When you stop a team mid play because the shot clock failed, reset the game to the inbounds and give them their full set. Don't catch the clock up and make them re-inbound because you messed up to the point where they can't run a proper set.

Oh and the whole fact that we outshot them 12% from the floor and hit 5 more threes. -21 from the stripe will do that though.

Add the pushes. They stiff armed and pushed off on offense all night long. That guy Tate is one dirty little player.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ollie was going ballistic. The problem is that this has been a theme with how UConn's games have been called for years. I know our front court makes dumb fouls but come on that can only explain so much.

When I say ballistic I mean like clobbering a ref with a chair. ;) Not really, but at least a technical.

Reaction Score

KO has to learn that working the officials starts from the opening whistle, not when the disparity has already reached unacceptable levels. This is year 5, training wheels are off.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
KO has to learn that working the officials starts from the opening whistle, not when the disparity has already reached unacceptable levels. This is year 5, training wheels are off.
I don't believe in "working the officials", but I do believe in certain "veteran" coaches getting more favorably called games. Ollie isn't there yet as a relatively new coach so it doesn't really apply to him or Matta for that matter.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was a cranky bastage with a hall of fame resume. Most refs gave him his due respect as far as calls and knew they were in for an earful if they trifled with him. It can not be a surprise that Ollie does not get that same respect at this point. Unfortunately it is just the way college bball works right or wrong. In the case of this game it was very wrong.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If our frontcourt tries to be physical at all on rebounds it's a foul. Other teams are allowed to throw us around in the name of "physical play" or "good clean toughness." Its getting very old. Is it because we recruit wiry front court players and the refs don't think they can get physical without fouling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom